What sensor is this?

Polecat

Just curious if anybody knows what sensor goes into the block right near where the upper rad hose meets the block. It has one wire coming off the front of it. I'll try a get a good picture of it.

sensor

sensor for temp lite in panel is what i think it's used for. not sure but i think that's what it is.

temp lite

now i'm glad i remembered, i want to replace it with a dash gauge that is actually a gauge and not some freaking lite that comes on when it wants too. not sure how hard that is on a scale of difficulty but i seriously want to do that before i have an issue with something heat related.

sensor

good info thanks i'll be looking to do this mod soon and sure wouldn't want to tap into that and screw up something as i'm sure it would have with my luck.

now i'm glad i remembered, i want to replace it with a dash gauge that is actually a gauge and not some freaking lite that comes on when it wants too. not sure how hard that is on a scale of difficulty but i seriously want to do that before i have an issue with something heat related.
if you do add a gauge, keep the light, too. if you are a good driver, you won't be constantly looking at the gauges, and if something goes bad really fast, the light will still be there to warn you before things go too bad. you could always get a switch that turns the light on at a lower temperature, too.