what seat swaps have you guys done? pics

I've got a set of Lear Siegler's that need recovering. Includes rear from a wrecked 84GN if anyone is interested. I'll cut a great deal...shipping is gonna kill ya though.

These interiors are really nice to look at. I like the idea of improving the stock interior if you're not selling the car. I much prefer my 84GN to my other Buicks. Longest trip in it was only to Daytona, but it was much more comfortable than our 86's and 87 with stockers are even around town.

Hemi8- Those are sweet. Here is a pic I took at Englishtown one year. Only missing the turbo 6 on the headrest.

Attachments

• 101MSD-DSC01236_DSC01236.jpg
    101MSD-DSC01236_DSC01236.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,587
How comfortable are the Recaros? They look great, just "blocky" like they would be too stiff. I guess they can't be as bad as worn out factory seats with a spring sticking in your a$$...

maybe a little off topic, but back in high school I yanked the bench seat out of my '79 Monte Carlo and replaced it with a pair of bucket seats out of an '80-something Cutlass. The swap allowed me to also switch from column shift to a floor-mounted Hurst ratchet shifter. Only problem was, my Monte had tan vinyl interior and the donor Cutlass had burgundy cloth. :biggrin: it was a sweet combo. :p

I sat in a GN with the Recaro SE's recovered in GN material. I did not want to get up out of them. EVER!!!!!!!!!! They fit like a glove. The guys name was John and his screen name is BOOSTX on this message board.

I replaced my stockers with Corbeau black cloth aftermarket seats. Much better support if you like stiffer, more lateral support type seats. They also look pretty good IMHO.:D
MLH

Do you have any pics? I was just about to order a set of these in gray for my We-4, but would love to see how they look in the car before I buy them. I was thinking about the gtsII

I found a 25K mile parts car that had this split bench interior. My bucket seats were shot and this seemed like the quickest and cheapest way to go. The only tricky part was swapping out the console shifter for a column shift:

Attachments

• 000_0002 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    000_0002 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,461
Do you have any pics? I was just about to order a set of these in gray for my We-4, but would love to see how they look in the car before I buy them. I was thinking about the gtsII

Sorry, I don't have any way to post pictures. I'll have to work on changing that after I get motor problems solved.

Underhood light

I got it from Automotive Tools, Air Tools, SK Hand Tools, you can get it off the truck (snap on, mac, matco) but you'll pay about $60 more. It from a company called Central Lighting, it's made in the USA and it is awesome. I've got a couple of those little handheld LED ones, they work good but they don't put out enough light under the hood. This one has the spring loaded arms that clamp under the hood. When your doing engine work, water pumps, head gaskets intake gaskets... The only thing I had a problem with is the rubber end caps shooting off. The light is sealed on both ends and when it warms up the air expands and blows the end caps off, I just poked a little hole in one so the air can get out. If you spend any time under the hood you will love this light.

Let's talk weight vs comfort.

Billy, what is the total weight savings on those seats and are they very comfortable?

What is the weight savings (if any) on the Recaros?