what seat swaps have you guys done? pics

Let's talk weight vs comfort.

Billy, what is the total weight savings on those seats and are they very comfortable?

What is the weight savings (if any) on the Recaros?

My original post.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/261373-kirkey-seat-install-done.html

To me, the Kirkey's are more comfortable than the stockers. Launching the car with the Kirkeys is much easier. With the stock seats, you sink into the seat (cushion) and your foot comes off.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks Billy! Appreciate the info!!

The seats look great, I just want to make sure I will be comfortable, it's a STREET car after all :rolleyes:

its not a buick but its still a g-body...30th ann. camaro buckets

Attachments

• IMG00255.jpg
    IMG00255.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,046
I got my hands on some LOWWWW miles EVO 9 Black/grey suede fronts for CHEAP!! I'll post some pic when I get time to put them in! ;)

I got my hands on some LOWWWW miles EVO 9 Black/grey suede fronts for CHEAP!! I'll post some pic when I get time to put them in! ;)

What exactly is cheap if u don't mind sharing? I found two sets, one for $500 & the other $450. With the cost of re-upholstering (they showed some wear also) them to match my interior it'd come up to $900-$1000. That's w/o making the custom bracketry to make them fit & sit lower, that would easily reach $100+, so I decided to pass on them & buy some new Corbeau's when the time comes around.

i'm thinking bout tring to get a set of the gmc syclone seats for the buick.

My 91 gmc syclone sits far better than the buick. it has more back and side support and driving on long trips my a$$ don't go numb.

i actually like the 86-87 grandprix seats as well.

Hey "1BADTT"...

I got the fronts for $350 with sliders and brackets. Friend of a friend wrecked his EVO 9 racing a mustang of all things! LOL! Car had 19K miles on it...seats are immaculate.

Did you almost get your hands on Evo 8 or 9 seats? The Evo 8's have blue in the middle...YUCK! I got the 9's which are mostly black with a hint of dark grey. Well they match up pretty good as is, so I'll just leave them for now...I threw the passenger side in last night and it looks GOOD! :biggrin:

i'm thinking bout tring to get a set of the gmc syclone seats for the buick.

My 91 gmc syclone sits far better than the buick. it has more back and side support and driving on long trips my a$$ don't go numb.

i actually like the 86-87 grandprix seats as well.

I originally put '91 gmc jimmy seats in my regal. I was thinking of getting them reupholstered but realized it'd cost a bit of money, so i bought '06 gto seats, that i still need to put in. Heres a pic of the jimmy seats (similar to syclone seats). I also mounted up the seat belt retractors. But I didn't go to crazy with it. also used the steering column. I did that just to see how it'd look. It would need a seat belt hook on the side or something.
more pics on page two of:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2528923

gn3.jpg

Hey "1BADTT"...

I got the fronts for $350 with sliders and brackets. Friend of a friend wrecked his EVO 9 racing a mustang of all things! LOL! Car had 19K miles on it...seats are immaculate.

Did you almost get your hands on Evo 8 or 9 seats? The Evo 8's have blue in the middle...YUCK! I got the 9's which are mostly black with a hint of dark grey. Well they match up pretty good as is, so I'll just leave them for now...I threw the passenger side in last night and it looks GOOD! :biggrin:

Pics plz.. I'm thinking about replacing my seats....

I mocked up a pair of hard plastic jegs seats in my car while i reupholster my GN seats this week. They arnt the most confy to ride in lol

Hey "1BADTT"...

Sorry I missed your reply. The two sets I found were both from EVO 8s with the blue you're saying in the middle, main reason I wanted to re-upholster them. Post some pics when your done with yours if you don't mind. :cool:

Anyone have pics of gray 98-02 trans am seats in a GN?

No I dont. I was gonna do this swap, and even drove 10 hrs. round trip to get the seats. Decided against it. They'll bolt right to the tracks in the Buick.

I want them out of my basement.

No I dont. I was gonna do this swap, and even drove 10 hrs. round trip to get the seats. Decided against it. They'll bolt right to the tracks in the Buick.

I want them out of my basement.

Are they leather? Power? Condition? How much are you lookin to get for them?
PM me if you want, think I'm going to do the swap, trying to decide btw gray and black tho.

I saw the black TA seats in a TR, but the rest of the interior was blacked out (dash, door panels, etc) looked fkn incredible. I just don't have the motiviation to black out the entire interior.
Thinking the gray might fit better with a stock interior..

Park ave seats front and back here, full power and real comfy, my ass is too precious for cloth:D

DETAILS Please.. What year Park Ave? What mods to install them and get the power to work? How does back seat fit and does it have to be modified?

Got my interior out now to do new carpet, and I'd love to put some of those seats in my T Type.

TIA

There was a write along time ago about this mod. I think it was also posted in a Kirban's newsletter. My friend also did this mod.

I think the plastic side piece for the switch comes a Cadillac Cimmaron. The power seat tracks are the same as the drivers side.

Do a search on here and you'll find a few posts.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You can click on the picture in the new window for the true size.
Im going to run a driver side; Bride of Japan, model Gias Carbon Kevlar Reclinable with a Takata 4 Point Harness also from Japan.

And a passenger side Bride of Japan, model Brix I (RIGHT) Bride of Japan, model sport (LEFT) This mesh seat goes in my other car.

Hemi8- Those are sweet. Here is a pic I took at Englishtown one year. Only missing the turbo 6 on the headrest.
you have the sickest seats 'installed' in this thread so far hands down!

There was a write along time ago about this mod. I think it was also posted in a Kirban's newsletter. My friend also did this mod.

I think the plastic side piece for the switch comes a Cadillac Cimmaron. The power seat tracks are the same as the drivers side.

Do a search on here and you'll find a few posts.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

YEP!

Claude. :smile: