What roller cam to use?

Loosenut

Like the title says, I'm looking to change my cam and I am going roller. I have the lifters and pushrods, just need a cam.

The combo goes like this.

.20 over W/Diamond pistons
Champion heads and intake
t64e turbo
CAS V2 front mount
SMC alky
3200 9/11 converter
72lb inj.

edit: car gets minimum street use.

Looking for some input here.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Loosenut said:
edit: car gets minimum street use.

Per your edit I like the 214/214 roller. With more street use I like the 206/206 HL roller.

K.

NCTURBOS said:
Per your edit I like the 214/214 roller. With more street use I like the 206/206 HL roller.

K.

What he said.

I run a Comp 210/210. Great street manners. Pulls like stink all the way up.

NCTURBOS said:

K.

Comps 214-214 all the way.

I'm styill waiting on my short block to get here and it's going right back in. Excellent cam, also car was driven daily with it. No problems.

You will really like the 212-212 roller...I have around 5k on mine now and wouldn't change it for anything, good low end, pulls REALLY hard in the midrange and has a solid top end charge, 5500-5800. I am finally taking the car to the track next week, should go mid 11's on 20#'s boost.

I installed the 212/212 roller a few months ago and love it. The drivability of this car is now perfect. Idles great and crusing is smooth and when you hit it, it is extremely responsive :eek:

Install was not as easy as i would like (matching springs,locks, retainers and push rods) But i eventually got everything corrected. Each motor seems to require different parts.

Good luck with it,
Mike

i have 4.1 with a t 70 and atr headers. got to say the 218-214 cam gives me the good sounding idle and pulls hard on top. :cool: my boss at work with his 77 ta blown 8-71 stroked bb thought he was fast, till we went to lunch one day. he saw the back of the car. :D