What race gas?

87-WE2

Back in business!!
OK - going to the track Friday to get some base numbers before I proceed with any mods to the car.

What race gas to use? 100 octane? 104 octane?

Is there such a thing as too much octane for a set up?

What about leaded? Is that only for really high-power engines?

Around here, the highest unlead I see is 104 and it's pretty pricey (Iknow they all are!)

Obviously I have no clue. Maybe I should just run some 93 with it & stick to pump gas. I currently have no long term plans to run alcohol injection. I'd like to get to low 12's without it.

I also saw a place that sells 87 and 93 gas with no ethanol, but it's as expensive as 100.

leaded gas will mess up the o2 sensor if ran straight. I run 15 gallons of 93 and 5 gallons of 110. Never had an issue.
Alky is goin on this week though. Makes life easier.

With that mix you are only at 97-98 octane.

I'd run the 104 and play it safe. Yes it will get to 02 sensor after awhile but I'd still play it safe as you have NO alky.

Good questions!

But I don't have the answer. According to the factory boost gauge, it's pegging out in 1st and 2nd. In 3rd, it hangs out around 13-14.

Timing is a mystery as I've not been able to find out how ATR had the Pitbull chips programmed for timing. During street driving WOT blasts, I have no audible knock, but I don't know if I'm experiencing KR or not as I don't have the scanmaster yet.

At first I thought I had some real knock, but it turned out to be the center cap on the driver front wheel. When I take it off, I hear nothing but I sure do look stupid driving it around with one missing.

I was planning to buy the 104 just to be safe, but not sure if there is such a thing as too MUCH octane for a motor.

You need to get rid of that Pitbull chip and get a current one. I believe the Pitbull has way too much timing.

You need to get rid of that Pitbull chip and get a current one. I believe the Pitbull has way too much timing.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I could've bought SEVERAL TurboTweaks!

I just updated my signature.....

With that mix you are only at 97-98 octane.

I'd run the 104 and play it safe. Yes it will get to 02 sensor after awhile but I'd still play it safe as you have NO alky.

This is true. I am running 97-98 with 21# and no knock in Fl. heat.
I don't run 104 becuase of price. I can get 110 at the pump for 6.99 and 93 for 3.65 a gallon.
Alky is going on tomorrow though. So 93 is all I will need starting this weekend:biggrin:

i was wondering if i could try running E85 in my stock 87 gn , w/80,000 mi. without causing any damnage to car . it does have hotwired walbro255 fp w/stock fpr ... any thoughts . . . ?

I just put 7 gallons of sunoco116 let me tell you my car was a beast I put 110 before and it was no match witj 116 just the way the car idled with the cam I have was insane I bumped up the timing 3deg and boost 26 no knock the car was sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hope when I put my alky on I get the same results because the little burst of fun I had cost me 90 bucks

i was wondering if i could try running E85 in my stock 87 gn , w/80,000 mi. without causing any damnage to car . it does have hotwired walbro255 fp w/stock fpr ... any thoughts . . . ?

Plenty of e85 threads to read on but simply for a setup near a stock car with a good pump and around 48 to 50 psi base pressure you can run up to 5 gallons of ethanol to a tank but the problem doing this is keeping it consistent with that exact mixture...anymore is too lean...it does run well though and allowed me 18-20psi and the added torque was great