What point does one need a rear end girdle?

Turbo6Smackdown

I'm directing my attention to my driveline now, and was wondering at what point do I need a rear end cover? If my car starts to hook a lot harder, will I require one of these?

It's worth doing if your launching the car period. GM's spider gears are not great quality and seem to be the first to break. The ring and pinion gears seem to take much more abuse, so adding the rear girdle to help keep the bearing caps seated and the spiders in place was worth it. To me, it's just a bit of insurance for a little bit of $$$.

I think it makes Dat ass look good even if you do not need it :):)
TA cover.jpg

Tell your wife you like her just the way she is.........

Oh, wait. :D

if you haven't yet ,
do the axles (Moser) and diff cover all at the same time.
along with U joints,
these are the weak points, and will hurt if/ when they break! ( and they will!)

You mean things on these actually break? Before I bought mine, I was told Black Cars are tough and last forever. Now it looks like that was a lie!

I think it makes Dat ass look good even if you do not need it :):)View attachment 236371

That's the type stuff that scares races away. lol. I'm thinking if and when I upgrade my driveline, I'm going to anodize this flat black. :)

if you haven't yet ,
do the axles (Moser) and diff cover all at the same time.
along with U joints,
these are the weak points, and will hurt if/ when they break! ( and they will!)

If I do axles, I'm going to do this as well. I don't hook too hard so lol... We'll see.

I went mid 10s for years on a stock GN rear, leaving on a trans brake. never broke anything.

I went mid 10s for years on a stock GN rear, leaving on a trans brake. never broke anything.
Yep, and it took 10 years for my neighbors wife to find out he had a girlfriend, and snap...it was over. Same with rear end parts...lol

Yes, that one is already on Clay's new car. The personalized license plate says the same thing.