What order should I add these to my car?

OneBadTT

Hi,

I am looking to improve the performance of my car (who isn't?? :rolleyes:). Here are the things I am considering purchasing:

Power Logger
Wide Band O2 set up
MAFT set up
Larger turbo
Larger injectors

What order should I buy these in? Have I missed something important? What items do I really need? Thanks!

1) Fuel pump, filter and hot wire kit first.

2) Injectors, ls-1 maf, translator and a extender chip next.

3) Powerlogger and a wideband.

4) Turbo, intercooler and exhaust will unlock the beast.

Hi Rick,

Thanks. When you say fuel pump , filter, and hot wire kit first, do you mean different than I already have? Bigger injectors than I have now? What would you recommend?

Lou

Fuel pump and the hotwire kit you have are fine. The chip is fit for those injectors and you have to get a new one if you upgrade. You can have Turbo Tweak(Eric) reburn it for different setups too. Rick may have overlooked your sig.

Thanks guys. I like your recipe Rick. What injectors do you recommend? Is the plain Buick translator okay or should I look at the Gen II or Pro? I have an LS1 but haven't installed it since I don't have a translator.

Go translator pro if you can it will let you use any MAF sensor you want plus you can change to speed denity plus it has a built in boost controler as well as many other cool things likw Wb tracking and automatic fuel adjustment based of the WB readings.
For injectors decide on how fast you want to go and what turbo you will upgrade too. you may not need new injectors . Or you could just get 60s and be ready for amost any thing. You may also want to upgrade to a progressive Alky kit.

Rick may have overlooked your sig.

10-4! I was thinking in general. LOL!

Personally, I like the fullthrottle chips. They take better advantage of the maf translators. Not saying anything bad about Eric's chips. ;) JMHO

Tpro's are awesome tuning devices but come with a learning curve. For simplified tuning, I recommend a LS-1 maf, regular translator and a extender chip. Learn how to tune with that set up first. Then later on when you ready to graduate, A tpro would be the next level.

Also, I think you can go as big as 80lb injectors without driver upgrades to the ecm. If your going to buy them, do it once. You will grow into them. ;)

How about this:

1-Powerlogger first so you can see what is going on.

2-WBO2 hooked to the Powerlogger so you have more information.

Now use these two to tune what you have. If it's not in the deep into the 12s don't bother throwing more parts at it.

3-Injectors- If you want to go faster you're going to need more fuel, your wideband will tell you when you start to go lean. Turbo Tweak has a speed density chip out that works with the WBO2 and Powerlogger. Get this, eliminate the MAF and there will never be a need for the Translator.

4-Turbo-when you're maxed out on boost and still want to go faster, upgrade the turbo.

5-Translator-If it ain't broke don't fix it. (or re-read #3)