What "old school" car have you always wanted

Might be kinda cheezy, but I have always wanted a DeLorean. I can always imagine pulling up to a crowded parking lot (possible college game) and opening the doors. Already saving...:D

If all goes as planned I will be picking up a 1966 Chevelle convertible Saturday.. If this is anyone's dream car, it will be up for sale once I do a few things to it..

:D

Originally posted by Rubrburnr
Might be kinda cheezy, but I have always wanted a DeLorean. I can always imagine pulling up to a crowded parking lot (possible college game) and opening the doors. Already saving...:D
OMG no DON'T do it. SAVE your money for another TTA or a TB. A friend of mine had one. It was the worst car I have ever known. EVERYTHING fit bad. The interior was junk. The POS was so slow that my 180k Maxima station wagon could beat it in the quarter and for top speed and braking too. They are always hot because the only air is from little mail slot windows or you have to run the air conditioner. Parts are ridiculously expensive. Only good thing about them is that the body didn't rust. Just get that thought right out of your head!

Originally posted by Pronto
OMG no DON'T do it. SAVE your money for another TTA or a TB. A friend of mine had one. It was the worst car I have ever known. EVERYTHING fit bad. The interior was junk. The POS was so slow that my 180k Maxima station wagon could beat it in the quarter and for top speed and braking too. They are always hot because the only air is from little mail slot windows or you have to run the air conditioner. Parts are ridiculously expensive. Only good thing about them is that the body didn't rust. Just get that thought right out of your head!

PRONTO is Right.. My Moped could beat the DMC in the 60ft

The only good thing about a dmc is when they are not moving & just sitting there at a cruise night..

You don't know how many people don't realize they are DOGS

I have them already! :D

A '70-'72 Buick GS 455 would be nice though....:cool:

I also would like to have a nicer GN!....:D

69 Super Bee with the 440, 6 pack, 4 speed..
69 Camaro SS

Went to high scholl (72-76) with two guys that each had one of these cars. What blast....The Super Bee was falling apart like most Chrysler products in the late 60's but man that thing flew. Enough room for 6 guys in the car and 3 in the trunck, and it still went over 100 mph....:eek:

Originally posted by Rubrburnr
Oh, I already know they are dogs, hopefully I will have an extra Buick engine laying around....;)

Now That would be good! I know a guy who put a 4.3 Vortech engine in a Delorean and it was pretty sweet and reliable.

In no particular order:

69-70 Mach 1/Boss 302/429
69 Z28 (real one with the DZ 302)
70 LS6 SS Chevelle
GNx
Shelby GT500 a'la Eleanor
70-71'ish 'Cuda
70 455 Trans Am

....gee this could be a long list
:D

427 Cobra
Boss 429
Plymouth GTX
1968 Hemi Charger
1965 Corvette
427 Fairlane
Shelby GT 500KR
Ford GT-40 WAIT!!! That isn't old any more!!
1912 Cadillac
most any lead sled
Both of the vehicles on The Munster's
Nomad's
Bel Air's
32 Coupe

A whole bunch, but off the top of my head...

1955 Packard Patrician
1965 Plymouth Satellite
1965 Buick Rivera
1968 Caddy Eldorado
late 60s Mercedes 300SEL 6.3
1955 Alvis
early model Corvair
1st gen Maserati Quattroporte

Had a few.....

So far I had a few Pontiacs and others so far........
65 GTO
66 GTO
67 GTO
67 GTO
69 GTO JUDGE, Warwick Blue/Blue int 4 spd with AC
70 GTO JUDGE, Orbit Orange Hardcover book cover car
79 TA (high school car in 83/84)
81 Smokey and the Bandit TA
89 TTA

69 Chevelle SS BUILT 396
69 Vette convert 427/390 hp
90 ZR-1 Vette

A few Mustangs (new in 86 and 90) YES I got beat by every GN I raced back then!!!!

A few new Vettes and Z/28's.

7 (87 GNs and counting.....)

See a few at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/gto1966

Future cars on my "wish list" currently looking for any of the following. FINDERS FEE PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GM:
65-71 GTO's
69 Z/28
69 RS/SS Convert Camaro
69 Camaro Pace Car
70 Chevelle SS
71 Judge
69 TA
70-72 TA
73 TA SD
77 Smokey and the Bandit TA
81 Recaro TA