What nut?

wv-t

I'm not great at eyeballing a stud or bolt size without seeing a hex head. Long and short of it is does anyone know the size nut that holds down the EGR solenoid? I dropped mine down into the abyss of my engine compartment.

Also, the studs with welded on 3/8 nuts that hold down DS valve cover - where does one purchase these? I've looked on TB vendor sites and haven't found any.

Earl, those are some great looking sets, but what about all the different stock valve cover studs that GM multi-purposed to fasten wire looms, solenoids, etc?

It'll still hold the solenoid, you just rotate it square with the VC. On my car the wire loom had pulled through the stock bolts years ago so. Turns out now that they're pulled though they kinda 'snap' over my SS bolts.

I looked at making some SS sets that were like the stock bolts but by the time I gathered up all the parts I had like $50 in them... and I didn't like the way they looked and worked because you have to have more tools to pull the VC's. With standard bolts, all you need is one T-handle tap wrench and about 15 seconds.

If you want to stick with the OEM stock valve cover nuts and bolts check with m233roller. He has all eight of them plus the nuts. He sells a lot of parts on this board and they are quality parts.