What NOW- 3rd Oil Pan Gasket

tbirdv6

1st one was a felpro blue, then a cork, then felpro blue
Seems when under high boost level oil spits out of oil pan gasket,
installed check valve after pvc so as to eliminate boost pressures from entering crankcase-didn't work Today, thourghly cleaned oil pan & block before installing & torque properly

I can't imagine having that much blow-by to cause this,

Need suggestions
FRED

oil pan

Check to make sure passenger side breather is not clogged.
Try a breather on the fill tube.
Hope it's not blow-by:eek:

Are you sure it is the oil pan gasket? Does it blow the dipstick tube out? My TTA had the same issue and it turned out to be a bad rear main. Low boost would be fine, after 23 lbs or so the oil pan was soaked. Changed the pan gasket and same result. Dropped the tranny when it died and found the back of the crank was wet and changed the rear main and no more oil.

HTH

Lee

I have both breathers on valve covers, installed a new tranny, rear main seal has been replaced & is not wet, dip stick stays in place.

Any other suggestions???

Originally posted by tbirdv6
..............Any other suggestions???

The pass side valve cover has a factory connection to the turbo inlet to help vent and relieve crankcase pressure from the engine.

You have no mention of your build but obviously have way too much crankcase pressure which can be caused by various items like worn rings and/or high boost.

A forced evac system may be needed in order to solve your problem?

I have both breathers on both valve covers
I run a te-62 w/alky @ 25lbs of boost

A forced evac system may be needed in order to solve my problem?Please elaborate more on this

More suggestions, have owned other turbobuicks before & never had this problem running same boost levels
FRED

Headgasket leaking by during boost only and sealing under normal driving. Had one to do that before.

blow-by

Try cylinder leak down test, see if too much getting past rings.
Does pan gasket blow out in the same spot? If so, maybe pan is distorted/warped. :confused:

tbird

I have the same problem. I gave up trying to seal mine. My motor is dry everywhere else. There's always a few pan bolts with a handing bubble of oil on them that drips every now and then to the TC cover. Fortunately, it doesn't drip to the ground and leave an unsightly spot. I just accepted the fact that this is the way the car behaves and I'm not going to be able to fix it short of a major tear down and rebuild...which may not solve the problem anyway.

Just to let ya know you're not alone with this problem.

Mike

installed brand new AC Delco PVC & kirbans in-line check valve(prevents boost pressure from entering the engine through the PVC) at the same time I installed the oil pan gasket this past Saturday-then took it out for a spin-STILL the oil seep out at oil pan gasket!!Pissed

Well if you are sure that there is no way crankcase pressure is building up in the pan sounds like time to rebuild to me. Might want to do a leak down test to verify.

Fred what you need to do is purchase "Benoit's book of bolt torque procedures". Refer to the 3rd chapter " ft lbs. vs. inch lbs.,Whats the difference!". If you need a new oil pan let me know, I think I have a spare or two.

I found using a ¼ inch ratchet with one hand instead of torque-ing the bolts works best. Once the pan dimples seat to the block just snug them down. If you used any sealant (I only used a finger tip amount on both ends of the rear cap) put the pan back on and let it sit for 24 hours before putting oil in and running.

I’ve got just under 2000 miles since replacement and no drips. Just a suggestion.