Votes: 44 71.0%
  • MSNBC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NPR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Over here I get CNN International and BBC World on television and FoxNews thru FoxNews.com (I'm not paying to watch CNN and FoxNews is free).

It's very interesting to watch all three talk about the same story. BBC World obviosly isn't an American National news and tends to cater more to British viewers. CNNI has ticked me off on numerous occasions so I watch only FoxNews. Thank god for broadband.

114 total views on this topic but only 25 votes?? :confused:

It's no wonder only 50% of registered voters actually cast a vote in elections (in a good year!).

"I only watch Fox. All the rest are the same left wing propoganda"

in other words, you prefer right wing propaganda lol

Interesting subject

I'm a student of debate and communication. First College degree was in that subject. I teach Communications at the college level in my spare time.

It is interesting to listen to the words during a news cast. The old question, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" illustrates how some of the 'reporters' pose their questions. Very often, the way a question is asked reveals a bias in the questioner or his agenda. These celebrity correspondents frequently use presuppositions in the questioning process and the reporting process. Use of presupposition reveals bias more than any other manipulative communication (there are some books on presupposition if you're interested).

Interesting also, is the way some 'reporters' phrase a question with a long setup (giving a background -frequently biased, and containing presuppositions) then, a question which leaves no reasonable response if you believe the setup.

Most disappointing is the laziness of the media today. They live in their ivory towers and rely on technology to bring THEM the news. During the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, I was appalled at the ignorance of the military and how it works, not to mention ignorance of the history and culture of the Middle East!

Its maddening to listen to the bias in BBC, CNN, and CNNI as you hear a definite point of view couched in the wording of a particular report or question. ABC (I watched them for more than 25 years before cable), NBC, and CBS are just as bad. The writers at FOX are occasionally guilty of this too. I suppose they all try to "hook" us to stay and watch the upcoming commercials ;) Too often, its the inflammatory statement or question that gets you going, in hopes that you'll watch.

The whole of media news has become big business now. The bottom line: News for profit.

As a retired military officer, I'd like to see the reporters covering the war or the military know a bit more about War, and the Military. Perhaps they could take some of the Professional Military Education courses offered by the different Branches of Service. These courses offer good backgrounds in History, more History, Military organization, tactics, etc., all by correspondence.

I was watching CNN during a wartime report. Paula Zahn mentioned President Bush, and called him the "Commander-of-Chief" :eek: Then, they cut to a retired General who explained why it is Commander-in-Chief....Ignorance about a topic they report on limits the grasp of the reporter and the credibility of their reporting.

Off my soap box now :)

It's obvious that Fox leans toward the right and CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and others lean toward the left. Just check out the main pages of their news sites. CNN usually has a some negative news item against Bush and Fox usually has something about negative "attacks". :p To me it's nice to have a news station that leans a little to the right because before Fox news it was all left wing.

James

FOX new only.

I wouldn't really say that FOX leans to the right, I would say it more that they lean AWAY from the left. I find them much more accurate and informative as they aren't always just spitting propaganda like CNN and the rest do. Isn't CNN owned by Hanoy Jane's Hubby anyways??

Hmmmmmmm about 70% for FOX so far, does this say something about the TR comunity??????

"I wouldn't really say that FOX leans to the right, I would say it more that they lean AWAY from the left."

in other words, they lean towards the right
:p

"I find them much more accurate and informative as they aren't always just spitting propaganda like CNN and the rest do."

u meen that you find them more accurate because they tell you what you want to hear rather than what you dont. nothing to be ashamed of, if i had to hear right wing news all day i would go crazy from frusteration lol

"Hmmmmmmm about 70% for FOX so far, does this say something about the TR comunity??????"

yes it basicly tells me that the majority of TR owners hail from the middle of the country

;) :D

no smartassness intended