What max boost would you run with a stock TTA and Razors kit ?

transampacecar

Just wondering with basically a totally stock TTA, what would be the most boost you would run using Razors kit ? Also, would be using a turbo tweak chip for Alky. Asking for the kit for Xmas from the other half.

Only mods are
RJC power plate
30 lb injectors
Walpro fp
hot wire kit
adjustable fuel pump reg

29,000 mile car

I didnt see you list a scantool in your sig. That should be on top of your list of items to get before upping the boost. The next item will be a way of getting your boost control above 20 PSI. As the factory actuator will only allow sooo much before it bottoms out. On some cars you'll get 22.. on others 20. Due to the tension of the spring in the actuator.

The solutions for this is either obtain a HD actuator from one of the vendors, or the use of a bleeder/external boost controller.

Once all is dialed in, typically mid 20's shouldnt be an issue. 1/4 in the lower 12's. At that point you'll be running out of injector pretty quick.. and that should be your next move.

HTH

Forgot to mention that I do have a scanmaster and from what I read on this site, all the numbers seem to be within the ranges suggested for alky.

Question is,
Once I install the Alky and the HD actuator, if I have the rod fulling extended which is miniumum boost, how much boost is that ? Just trying to find out what range the HD actuator has from min to max boost.

transampacecar said:
Forgot to mention that I do have a scanmaster and from what I read on this site, all the numbers seem to be within the ranges suggested for alky.

Question is,
Once I install the Alky and the HD actuator, if I have the rod fulling extended which is miniumum boost, how much boost is that ? Just trying to find out what range the HD actuator has from min to max boost.
buy a rjc valve that way you dont have to mess with that always burning through your flesh actuator rod

Typical min boost with HD actuator is 18 PSI.

The RJC while a neat item is not an end all to boost issues.. Had a car here on Wed that we bottomed out the RJC valve and only hit 20 PSI..

I personally like having the ECM control boost and let the chip maker curve your boost using it. If not... next is a feedback style boost controller. This is just my personal .02 cents.

My car has a Greddy ProfecBspecII.