what lifters for 206/206 billet roller cam?

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I've got a 206/206 billet roller that has maybe 3K miles on it. I'm building a new engine and plan to use this cam in the new engine. The current lifters are the old "allegedly" problematic Comps. I'm wondering what options are available for new lifters for this setup. I'm going to run ported factory 8445's with T&D 1.55's. I'll likely use new pushrods also, just to play it safe. The goal is to put the car into the high 10's once or twice, but it will see most of it's life as a nasty street car with the occasional test n tune night.

I've got a 206/206 billet roller that has maybe 3K miles on it. I'm building a new engine and plan to use this cam in the new engine. The current lifters are the old "allegedly" problematic Comps. I'm wondering what options are available for new lifters for this setup. I'm going to run ported factory 8445's with T&D 1.55's. I'll likely use new pushrods also, just to play it safe. The goal is to put the car into the high 10's once or twice, but it will see most of it's life as a nasty street car with the occasional test n tune night.
I suggest using either my standard travel or reduced travel lifter.(aka885). The comp 6853 seem to be a very poor choice as they are copies of the original 853 which was a good lifter and in testing they fall short like the morel does when trying to recover the high pressure chamber. They collapse at RPM with correct spring pressures when they should be almost solid. My lifters will give you the performance you are looking for without issues. They are made in the USA and they have a lifetime warranty against manufacture defect. Contact me directly for more information.

516-285-1103