What kind of converter is this?

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
I can"t remember what kind of converter this is. Memory says it's a 9" and around 3200 stall.

here is the info i have. It measures about 10" There are two numbers on it. 76 stamped hard and about 1/4 inch tall and 983 about 1/8 inch tall and very faint. Also when i flip it over there is some minor clanking like it's loose. not sure if that's normal.

D

Attachments

• torque c.jpg
    torque c.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 281
I know i have minimal information but is there any input at all that can be offered?

I checked it all around but couldn't really find any other markings. It would be great to know what kind it is.

Im not an expert by any means; but it looks very much like the factory D5. It may just be restalled. that "clunking" is the lock-up disc. it should do that to an extent when pressure isn't applying it. hope that helps.

A factory D5 would be a 12" converter and not near 10". Not sure of the numbers but it definitely looks aftermarket. If there is zero fluid in it, it will make some noise when you move it around. I had a few that had just been built and they never added any fluid before capping them and they made the metallic clunking noise when jostling them around. Added a little fluid before ever installing them and they get quiet. :)

Ok, There is zero fluid in it so the clunk of the lock-up disc is normal and since it's 10" diameter or less it's after market.

now we're cooking!

thanks

Everything moves around a bit. Stator, bearings/thrust washers, lockup clutch, impellar. The fluid will dampen it a little bit. :)

I found a receipt that reads "Art Carr 9/11 billet converter" Does this info help anyone in identifying this converter?

any help is appreciated.
thanks
D