What is this noise?

NorEaster

Just cracking the throttle I can hear this noise coming from behind the intake by the coil pack.

Please let me know if this doesnt work.

Thats one pissed off cricket...What rockers are on this? Might of lost a plastic push in rocker spacer if stock.Sure sound's valvetrain from video,maybe a collapsed lifter?

Good luck

Sounds like the ignition (pack/mod) is grounding out somehow.

Also check the vac lines and check valves around there.

HelloBozos said:
Thats one pissed off cricket...What rockers are on this? Might of lost a plastic push in rocker spacer if stock.Sure sound's valvetrain from video,maybe a collapsed lifter?

Good luck

I have put a screw driver to my ear and checked all mechanical areas while trying to hear this noise and nothing. Stock top end to my knowledge.

turbo nasty said:
Sounds like the ignition (pack/mod) is grounding out somehow.

Also check the vac lines and check valves around there.

It does sound electrical to me also. I have another coil pack I can try if it ever stops raining.

Try checking it out at night, if anything is arching, it sounds like you'll be able so spot it quickly, just a thought...Mike

I have put a screw driver to my ear and checked all mechanical areas while trying to hear this noise and nothing. Stock top end to my knowledge.

Ok, its not metallic you say, that's Good Thing!!! You have a gound on the body right behind where you videoed,there muiltipul grounds in one spot.

Did you put your hand on top of the coil pack? :p Don't really do that.

It sounds like spark is jumping to ground. Like a bad spark plug wire or a cracked boot. Like mentioned you might find it more easy in the dark.

RL

TurboBuRick said:
Did you put your hand on top of the coil pack? :p Don't really do that.

It sounds like spark is jumping to ground. Like a bad spark plug wire or a cracked boot. Like mentioned you might find it more easy in the dark.

RL

It sounded electrical so I didnt want to touch the pack. Weather report is no rain tonight so I will check it.

pmoore4321 said:
No doubt that is arcing

Just checked in the dark and cannot see it. It is getting worse I think.

I will check everything over soon.

Do you think this could be causing my occasional mid boost knocking?

Which side does it sound like its coming from? I think it sounds like the spring in the pcv is gone and the pcv is rattling back and forth. Then again I am listening to it on my iPhone and not on a nice sound system. Just guessing because it does sound metallic on my phone and it is the right area.

groumoutis said:
Which side does it sound like its coming from? I think it sounds like the spring in the pcv is gone and the pcv is rattling back and forth. Then again I am listening to it on my iPhone and not on a nice sound system. Just guessing because it does sound metallic on my phone and it is the right area.

Wow good idea. Its coming from that side of the engine. Also I installed an RJC pcv but didn't like how my car ran with it so I put it inline with my stock pcv.

I did not do the screw driver test on the pcv. Ill check that tonight.

NorEaster said:
Wow good idea. Its coming from that side of the engine. Also I installed an RJC pcv but didn't like how my car ran with it so I put it inline with my stock pcv.

I did not do the screw driver test on the pcv. Ill check that tonight.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Will this cause any issues?

What did I win? A new car, boat, house or a million gazzilion dollars?

Your blm may be off with the pcv being jacked up. I replaced mine last summer because I had a high blm. Go to one of the chain stores and pick one up for five bucks and be done with it.