What is this? **Look**

I found this stuck to the inside of the Quarter-Panel back by the spare tire. I watch Barrett Jackson and they talk about build sheets on old cars, stuck on the gas tanks of old Vettes. Is that what this is? Is it important? Its kinda raggedy, should I save it?

Attachments

• IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 267
The second post is the "SPID" from the console lid. each of those three character strings are option cods i.e. 'G80' is positraction, UT4 is the radio. The first post is one of the build sheets that was in by hte spare tire. as you can see all the numbers on that build sheet show up on the 'SPID' All the numbers on the 'SPID' can be decoded with the factory service manual.

Glenn

There were several in the TTA's. The one you found in that location. One is usually under the pass carpet. One can be found under the carpet in the back well or under the hump or ever under the carpet behind the rear seats. One has been found under the carpet on the passenger side by the radio. There also was one in the nose stuffed in there. Most dealers knew where they were and the guys who detail the cars usually pull them out.

I would get those items lamiated and put them away for when you sell the car.

The older cars this paper work is more valueable because it told the real story of the car. It's not like the TTA came with a stick or different engine or rear. It was all the same. Other then T tops leather or cloth there is'nt much mystery behind the build sheet on a TTA. Stop over at Turbo Trans AM.Com and search build sheet and you'll find many post about them, where they are, and what they all look like.

That is one of many (I suspect 5 or 6 at least) assembly line worksheets.

Each stop on the assembly line used one of those so people new exactly what to install on the body that came down the line ... so depending on the stop it could been interior, driveline etc.

I got enough info so I started to reproduce a number of them so if you do a search (or look in the History section) @ turbotransam.com you will find more info and PDF versions of the once I done so far along with some description of each. There's also the complete build sheet with delivery info and all order info for each car and another long printout that followed the car all down the line.

The assembly worksheets (the one you found) would have been either left in the car when the guys/girls where done with their part on the line or just binned and sometimes just put in another car ...

The schdeule number on there is the same (last 6) as you find on the id plate rivited to your upper radiator support ... this was the order they were scheduled to be built on the assembly line with all other 3rd Gens (Camaro's and Firebird's) built at Van Nuys.

Hope this helps, and congrats to you find I just found about 3 quarters of mine rest of it got wet at some point so can't see my schedule number unfortunatly ....

Quite often the (work/assembly) sheets were left in the car. When the tech at dealership would PDI (pre-delivery inspection, before the car was cleaned and put on the lot) the car, most would trash them. You're lucky to have found it.

The RPO label was usually stuck to the inside of the trim panel covering the spare tire, if I recall correctly.

RPO sticker is in the center console on the passenger side so when you open the lid you can see it.