What is the oldest car you saw today?

Dashboard of a 1987 Buick Regal, premium gas only. ;)

I do see an 80's red firebird on the Berlin Tpke. most every day including the winter too. :cool:

Usually there's a couple of pickup trucks with the stacked 4x6 headlamps from the late 70's early 80's or so on the way to work too, but I don't know the exact year of those things. :p

Other than that it's SUV city and rice and Eurotrash. :eek: :rolleyes:

Why is that?
Because we've become a nation of Kool-Aid drinkers. :confused: The masses have been brainwashed into thinking that domestic cars aren't any good so they all run out and buy beige, Asian-brand, belly-button mobiles. They are not infallible:

toyota_resize.jpg

Funny, I was thinking the same thing today. I'm a morning crossing guard for an elementary school and I get to watch boring mobile after borning mobile drive-by. One of the most interesting cars I get to see daily is a 2004 Mercury Maurader. I'd like to get one of those for a daily driver... they look comfy.

That would be my 65 Vista Cruiser. My 66 Bronco is in the backyard but I don't think that counts........

On my way from AZ to MS for a job. Was in Pecos TX this morning and saw a 68 charger, 67 xr7, 70ish torino gt and a few gm's of 60's vintage parked at this abandoned looking garage and these cars have been parked awhile. Lots of cool stuff within sight of I-20. Oldest thing I saw today driving was an early 30's Studebaker.

Because we've become a nation of Kool-Aid drinkers. :confused: The masses have been brainwashed into thinking that domestic cars aren't any good so they all run out and buy beige, Asian-brand, belly-button mobiles. They are not infallible:

toyota_resize.jpg

i'd guess that about 80% of the assembly work on those vehicles was done in the USA, and probably well over half of the engineering and styling..

now go have some fun and look up the recall history of some "domestic" car brands from the same time frame..

1962 Chevy Biscayne 383. Lowered rolling on Cragar SS's with the dual bowtie chrome tips out the back. Clean driver no trailer queen. Sweet!

Saw this as the wally world gas station and the driver was more than happy to let me take a pic of it.;)
DSCF1074.JPG

66 vet, in my garage, my friends 56 vet at his garage getting restored, serval street rods and old mussle cars around here, my friend and neighbor [about mile down the road] has a rust free 65 gto. orignal tri power engine 4 spd, with factory air, needs restored, just sitting in his garage,