what is the max backspace on a front rim

BIGPSI

what size backspacing on a 15" rim with stock suspesion, can be ran in the front? i found 2 front prostars i need, but they are 4.5" backspace.

sweet very differant looks good.BTW the backspace really is a centering point.the wider the rim the more backspace for the wheel .for instance a 6" rim would have a 3.5 and my 8" on the back is a 4.5 a 10 could be more hope this helps

Backspace is just that. It doesnt change with rim width. Just measure how deep the inside of the rim is from hub and thats what it is. Mine are 0 offset and 5" backspace. With the spacer they become -.25 offset and 4.75 backspace.

ok thanks. i was just concerned because the wheels i looked at had some scrapes on the inner lip from either the tie rod or caliper. the guy said they were on an S10, which would be the same as g body. having a larger diameter wheel would help, thats why i was curious about a 15"rim with 4.5" backspace

15x7 weld prostar with 4.5 " backspacing will not work on a Gbody. i just tryed them and they rub the upper control arm when steering is turned. hope this will help others when considering backspacing on a 15" rim on the front.

I have 4.5" on an 8" rim and it's as far in as I'd feel comfortable going.

Yes on the front and it's a Centerline AutoDrag, it's a 15x8 with a 5" BS but I have a 1/2" spacer due to the Aerospace Brake Kit so it's really only in 4.5".

well maybe it's the 8" wheel that makes a difference. i tryed a 15x7 with 4.5" backspace and it rubbed my contol arm

how would a NARROWER wheel rub and a wider one not, with the same backspacing?

this "backspace" thing has me confused anyway. i'm used to offsets such as +23, +25, etc. so i'm trying to learn. i'm wanting to make sure a 15x8 wheels with 4.5 backspace will fit front and rear.
maybe?

front BS after aerospace kit

I've got the aerospace street front brake kit. I can tell the BS is different...just can't figure out how to measure it. Can someone tell me how?

I have 4.75" BS on a 8.5 in rim and it rubs with the stock spacer Aerospace uses to kill the nice billet calipers. But, the way the wheel is made , I can take that spacer off and it fits fine. Actually, about like the rear.

So, I've googled and searched and can't find what Aerospace says is different vs stock.

...I should clarify...with Aerospace's spacer, it rubs the fender lip. 245 tire on a 8.5.

how would a NARROWER wheel rub and a wider one not, with the same backspacing?

this "backspace" thing has me confused anyway. i'm used to offsets such as +23, +25, etc. so i'm trying to learn. i'm wanting to make sure a 15x8 wheels with 4.5 backspace will fit front and rear.
maybe?

not sure. now that i think about it i had the car jacked up and the suspension unloaded. maybe thats why it rubbed

From all I can find, ill be okay with 15x8 wheels all the way around as long as I do the 4.5" BS. I'll post pics, if anyone likes. Planning on a 245 tire.