What is the goveners affect on shift point?

muddin'metal

In what way does the govenor's weight affect shift point and also will all things the same, what affect does spring stiffness have on changing the shift point within that govenor?

My experience

In what way does the govenor's weight affect shift point and also will all things the same, what affect does spring stiffness have on changing the shift point within that govenor?

Small weight ONLY--I never made changes to the large one.
Less weight==later shift
softer spring==later shift
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I used a vendors kit the supplied a slightly stiffer gov spring and it did shift sooner so I returned to the stocker and shifts were normal agian.

So I agree with softer spring later shift statement.

Have not messed with weights though.

That was my understanding too, but if this is true, then how come TRs come with a small weight govenor, but the stiffest 200r4 factory spring ever? Isn't that counter inactive?

That was my understanding too, but if this is true, then how come TRs come with a small weight govenor, but the stiffest 200r4 factory spring ever? Isn't that counter inactive?

It changes the shape of the pressure curve vs. rpm. The large and small weights are interactive. The heavier spring on the small weight allows more control with the larger weight at low speeds.

same but not?

i kinda have same question. I just pulled my tranny and had it rebuilt and finished putting it in on friday so ive been lettin it break in before i actually redlined it. It used to shift WOT@5k, now its 28-3k. to my knowledge its same gov weights springs, I dont want to pull the tv cable out anymore because PT shifts are perfect and will snap your neck so im kinda leaning towards gov was somehow changed????? ideas?