what is the gm parts # for a stat 160

tybob

hi , i try to find the gm parts number for a stats 160 on gn some one know them ! thanks bob

not sure if gm offered one for our cars.good luck trying to get one at autozone!! i could never find one at a local parts store. your better off getting one from a vendor on here.

make sure you put an aluminum housing in when u change the stat.

why??? , my stocker has lasted 22 years and counting
you can get a steel one through most autoparts suppliers
as for stat you get an easy to locate 160 them in 52mm (for SB chevies) and trim it down to 44mm (trim along the the inside of the stamped groove )

there is an available oriely part thats a direct fit under listing for a 72 mustang 351
try these part numbers at your local parts store

Thermostat 160 (ORielly) Stant 13356
http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=STN&MfrPartNumber=13356
or under motorcraft part #
Thermostat 160 (Motorcraft ) RT-350

GM#12302005

you sure about the part# , i found no such part # in ac delco or GM
i found an old post here that had that GM stat in A BOX part # 12302005 and the delco# 386P which the 386 comes back as a stat but no info as to what it is and the poster didnt know either
doesnt matter even if they had it it would be a wait for it and be three times more than the oreily part , and probably made by stant anyway

Part Number

you sure about the part# , i found no such part # in ac delco or GM
i found an old post here that had that GM stat in A BOX part # 12302005 and the delco# 386P which the 386 comes back as a stat but no info as to what it is and the poster didnt know either
doesnt matter even if they had it it would be a wait for it and be three times more than the oreily part , and probably made by stant anyway

I WILL DOUBLE CHECK TOMORROW.

hi , i find it on poston ! parts number m812302005 for 1986-1987 and m3041424 for 1984 -1985 gn there are gm parts thay put the leter m8 before the gm number :) thanks