what is the bether trany oil !

tybob

hi, i just finish to bilt my trany whit the beter parts and i don't want to burn agan...what is the beter oil for those 2004-r (red line,royal purple,dextron,ect)i have a 9"ptc stall and plant to make more then 600hp ! thanks

Use Mobil 1 or GM full synthetic trans fluid. The "only" difference in fluid, it seems, is that the fluid that does the best by not breaking down in heat is what works.

I am no expert, but I know my crap lives. We had a semi synthetic autozone mix in my 2004r before it sold. With 1 year of racing in the low 11's and then 2 years in the mid 11's, there was almost no clutch wear.

make sure.

you install a big! trans cooler,
I run std ATF, have no problems,
ask the trans guys, I'm sure opinions will vary.

hi, i just finish to bilt my trany whit the beter parts and i don't want to burn agan...what is the beter oil for those 2004-r (red line,royal purple,dextron,ect)i have a 9"ptc stall and plant to make more then 600hp ! thanks
DexIII and change it once a year

Big cooler and any dexIII. Change as needed. I change mine 2-3x/yr. Be sure to drop the pan every time you change to inspect and clean magnet off.

!

hi ,i hve a big cooler and the art carr deep pan ! i always use a dex111 and never have probleme but i only ask just to make sure i have the right one for a low 10's:D