what is the best fluid for the differential stock

gnboostmex

fast class
what is the best fluid for the differential stock

differential sounds like it would get stuck and positracction

any idea

Hi,
Go for the gusto and use Royal Purple 80W 90, which has the additive already in it. Pricey,but a top notch synthetic that you won't have to worry about.

should be gear oil or any oil works
80w-90 gear oil is recommended, but i used Amsoil 75w-90 in mine. i haven ever used any sort of posi additive, and i've never had any chatter. but you cna tell it has a nice tight posi when taking a turn on a street with a little sand on the road.

maybe I do not understand the positraccion seems as stuck when turning
a sound similar to a welded diff

ok talvez no me doy a enteder mi diff suena como si se quedara atascado o puesto el posi en todo momento el sonido se nota cuando doy vuelta

Hi,
My tta was making all sorts of nasty noises on turns. I did the axle service with royal purple and NO additive,problem solved. You can use whatever fluid you like, but at $25 for two quarts and a gasket/silicone,It's good insurance. My rear end is now ready to put the power down.

:biggrin:thanks for the help, it seems that this week will be of evenings too long, I have to put my GN to the point, f body radiator, b & m lock line, trans cooler, oil cooler from rx-7 2gen, trans temp gauge, tune up, Alky tuning, and I will be ready

I was just going to say the pro's say NO!!! to synthetics when using a clutch type diff. Too slick and the clutch's start to slip.

Just buy original GM rear end oil and GM posi-additive. You can not go wrong. I think regular rear end oil is better than synthetics in this application. The carrier bearings take alot of load when brake torqueing.

Craig