What is everyone doing to their car this winter?

Here's my list so far

Install 60# Injectors & Turbo Tweak E85 Chip

Fix Cruise

Wash & Wax

Fix Antennae

Paint Dash Vent Trim

Replace Headliner & Front Seat Covers

Replace Shocks

Bumpsteer Rod Ends

Find and Fix the !#@$%$ Rattle in the Console

I am new to this form but I plan to put in a built up 350 into my 82 ttype. As well I want to take out the bench seat and replace the entire interior and replace it with Grand National interior. I have all the supplies only thing I need is some time and experience( I am not yet at driving age). Luckily my Dad had a 87 Grand national and offered to assist when I am in a hole. I find this forum interesting and helpful!

Thank you

Mine is gettin, Headers, 83# injectors, double pumper, Stainless THDP, ATR single shot, Alky, 224 224 roller cam.

Well the car is at Vince Janis's as we speak getting billet internals.

Then the list is:
Injectors
Powerlogger
Wideband
New 30 spline posi and axles
powdercoat rear housing and my homemade trailing arms
Install new amp and replace factory speakers

And last but not least, look for my new fabrication thread on my cold air box.
I am cutting my fiberglass bumper and putting a K&N filter where the license plate should be.( Pennsylvania doesnt require a front plate) Then making an aluminum air box and plumbing it up thru the core support and into the MAF. It will have custom fabbed bezel in bumper with prefilter and expanded metal cover. It will probably be after the first of the year.

Thats it.
:biggrin:

Hopefully finishing up what I started last year. The old girl is getting a new set of twins and a whole lot of other new parts. Hope to be done by my 40th Bday in March so my mid life crisis can officially begin...;)

I preparing the te44
for spring installation

porting is start...

and i should help the transmission guy
to rebuilt it

check out my new shifter

claude

Attachments

• porting te44 001.jpg
    porting te44 001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 352
  • porting te44 002.jpg
    porting te44 002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 350
  • shifter gn 004.jpg
    shifter gn 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 354
pull engine, replace leaky seals, clean and repaint engine, repaint engine bay and get under the car and scrub! Spring is car show season!!

everything from my sig....rewire all gauges in pillar, get rid of cat converter and replace with test pipe with electric cutout, install trans temp gauge, install innovative wideband, and spend endless hours trying to refurbish my gn wheels

Ummm doing rear of the car suspension,removing and sandblasting rearend,adding t/a cover, still have to buy axles ,rear shocks , fix my broken backing plate,and install the h&r bar i bought...Finish building my double pumper ,Replace gas tank and some brake and fuel lines..Rebuild tranny so i can add the 9.5 ptc i have plus the thdp,front mount ,te63, 80lb injectors, e85 turbo tweak chip,h&r motor mounts,and powerplate i already have..Plus my steadfast column guard.....Id like to add a dual 3 inch exhaust to the mix also...

Winter plans include replacing all 4 shocks and replacing the leaky a/c compressor.

I also hope someone will buy me a power logger this Christmas and perhaps I can get used laptop to set it up.

Let's see, what I'm doing to my GN this winter....ah.....er.....well....ah hell, it's still up on jackstands and the list is too long to itemize! Just consider me grounded for another winter without my cherished '87.

Goal: To get it on the road before I die:rolleyes:

I thank God I have a garage. (no kidding) I hate working on cars in the cold, rain, snow, wind, which pretty much sums up most of my earlier life.:( As long as other things I have don't break down I should be able to get her running.....oops.....not now.....sink in master bath broke down, leaked, flooded, got to install new sink, cabinet, plumbing......oh, crap, the injectors went bad in my Jeep.....just put in a rebuilt set, and now No. 4 is leaking.....will go get new rings for it tomorrow (59 mile round trip to parts place) and rip out the rail/injectors to do all over again. Then, yep, lawn needs the leaves to be mulched....3 acres of leaves, nice. And still haven't had time to replace intake manifold on my wife's Buick....had to order a new intake because I lost the other new one I had somewhere in the garage and can't find it....:redface: ah, crap, got to saw up three trees that fell over the weekend.....and two doctor appointments I have to take my wife to this week (200 mile round trip)......you don't want me to go on do you? Have a nice winter project guys.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Winter plans include replacing all 4 shocks and replacing the leaky a/c compressor.

I also hope someone will buy me a power logger this Christmas and perhaps I can get used laptop to set it up.

Be extra nice to your wife....that usually works....or buy her a new Corvette...I guarantee you'll get your power logger....it didn't work for me..I bought my wife a new 2009 Corvette (1/8 scale) and no power logger but, she did get me a Scanmaster....my sweetheart loves me after all.:smile:

Bruce '87 Grand National

You sold your beautiful Turbo Buick, Brett? Damn. If you don't mind my asking...why? It was real boss!! I know how much you loved that thing. All that work you put into it. It wasn't stolen, was it?

What happened? (as said in "Dirty Harry"....."I gots to know")

Bruce '87 Grand National

The winter check list for the GNS test car is:

* SHROTH Racing Harness's
* BAER 4-piston calipers Fnt & Rear with 13" rotors..
* Torsen T-2R Differential
* Some Weight distribution
* Air cooling ducts for the front brakes.

Of course this all depends on the Taxes since we have to pay quarterly taxes like any other business we will have to see how the end of the year pans out... Last year was good, just hope this one follows.

Scot W.

The winter check list for the GNS test car is:

* SHROTH Racing Harness's
* BAER 4-piston calipers Fnt & Rear with 13" rotors..
* Torsen T-2R Differential
* Some Weight distribution
* Air cooling ducts for the front brakes.

Of course this all depends on the Taxes since we have to pay quarterly taxes like any other business we will have to see how the end of the year pans out... Last year was good, just hope this one follows.

Scot W.

Nice talking with you tonight Scott. Hope I helped you out bud.:biggrin:

Trying to decide what I should park it next to during the winter warehouse storage.
Last year my TT befrended an 87 442 on 1 side & a Javelin SST on the other. :D