What is everyone doing to their car this winter?

Brad T

I have to get rid of the Spohn a-arms before the shocks fall out the bottom of them . Guess I will freshen the paint in the engine bay and put the motor in. It has been sitting in the same spot for over a year . Hope the jack stands aren't rusted to the frame .

I'm molesting what used to be a pretty much stock car when I got it earlier this summer. Engine is out, replacing it with the one from my old car. Suspension is about hallway where it needs to be...already did the hr stuff in rear..now have to rebuild the front. Already put my dfi in the car. Will be doing all body bushings this winter and will probably do a 6pt bar. Trans has already been done earlier this year. Got a ton to do before the first race of '11.

I need to get my good motor back together. The one with the forged crank, rods and pistons.
HR parts bar, control arms and some good axles.
Maybe time to replace the stock headers too, too many exhaust leaks repaired this year.
Converter changes too.

Replace powermaster with Vac brakes(brake light comes on everytime I press the pedal) & replace rear main seal(leaking oil).

Well the trans is done in my GN. 2nd gear flares pretty bad under alot of throttle. Also the engine is making noise, believed to be bottom end.

The whole dash has to come out. Gotta rewire everything. Sending that job to my very good mechanic downstate. Also having a ton of other little stuff done then as well. Should be ordering my new Alchy pump from Julio this week.

If I can do the electrical work and come out of this winter with a new H&R bar and some type of upgraded rear control arms for the car, I'll be happy.

Maybe get a set of G-Force Sports for it. Maybe...

The whole dash has to come out. Gotta rewire everything. Sending that job to my very good mechanic downstate. Also having a ton of other little stuff done then as well. Should be ordering my new Alchy pump from Julio this week.

removing the dash once was enough for me.

WHere should I begin?:rolleyes: Tear the front clip off, pull motor, pull heads and have heads rebuilt and ported and intake ported, port match the rest of the crap, paint and install my aluminum core support, reinstall and align front clip, pull front clip back off, strip entire car for paint, new seals, install carpet, recover headliner, pull dash to repair rust in door jamb, fix the duttneck IC I got flucked on, install the ceramic coated THDP I've had hanging on my wall for nearly a year, install ta49 AJ is rebuilding for me, ceramic coat headers, MAF pipe, turbo shield, and up pipe, new front tires, alignment, paint and install 3rd gen bar, new windshield....if I get this far by May I will be happy. Hmm...maybe I SHOULD work veterans day for 50 bucks an hour?????

what car?:mad:

Thats your own fault Brett :eek:

As far as my car goes, its going to sit in RC's "warehouse of broken dreams and GN's" until the motor can be put back in ( just needs a quick rebuild :mad:). Still need a flexplate and balancer for a forged crank too.

Motor coming out to enhace the power plant for THS 2011. Have new parts to help with power production.
DDay

Motor coming out to enhace the power plant for THS 2011. Have new parts to help with power production.
DDay

Just got my THS power enhancer today:D

Attachments

• turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 490
WHere should I begin?:rolleyes: Tear the front clip off, pull motor, pull heads and have heads rebuilt and ported and intake ported, port match the rest of the crap, paint and install my aluminum core support, reinstall and align front clip, pull front clip back off, strip entire car for paint, new seals, install carpet, recover headliner, pull dash to repair rust in door jamb, fix the duttneck IC I got flucked on, install the ceramic coated THDP I've had hanging on my wall for nearly a year, install ta49 AJ is rebuilding for me, ceramic coat headers, MAF pipe, turbo shield, and up pipe, new front tires, alignment, paint and install 3rd gen bar, new windshield....if I get this far by May I will be happy. Hmm...maybe I SHOULD work veterans day for 50 bucks an hour?????

Sounds like me Jesse.:biggrin: More work needed and no money.:frown: Just watch the B4Black section and see what's happens.:eek::cool:

Repair the non-working power antennae (have the correct GM line kit) and do some electrical tidying up. Oh yeah, and drive it often in the cool air! :wink:

After all the stuff I did to mine last winter/spring think I am just going to throw the car cover on it and forget about it for a while.:)

I should get my engine back from DLS in January. He is fixing all the wrong stuff that was done before hand. Going from a solid roller to a hyd roller with morrell lifters. Probably going to sell the PT-70-1 turbo and get something smaller/newer. Alky kit is going to be installed after the engine gets back. Cant decide if I want to go back to the TH2004R or keep the TH400:confused: Good thing I just moved into a new house with a climate controlled garage!!:eek: