What is Chevy doing

|2egal84

Asthematic 3.8 V6
Now i know chevy absorbed geo, but has anyone seen this Aveo, it looks like something geo would throw out there, is chevy making their version of a focus or what

www.chevrolet.com

It makes sense to me...

GM owns Suzuki. If GM wants to sell cars for $12000 to compete with the Koreans, its tough to build them in the US for that price. Suzuki can because they need the money.

Branding them as Chevies makes their CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) numbers soar, so they can build as many V8's as they can sell. And because the car is disposable (like the yugo was) 15 years after they arrive, all evidence of them ever being here will be erased, and they will become a trivial pursuit question.

If selling Sh1tboxs to morons with no money means the rest of us get a reasonably priced 400 HP performance car, I say bring on the Sh1tboxes!

Re: It makes sense to me...

Originally posted by UNGN
And because the car is disposable (like the yugo was) 15 years after they arrive, all evidence of them ever being here will be erased, and they will become a trivial pursuit question.

LOL!
Good thinking, and nice way to look at it. Wouldn't have occurred to me.

Re: It makes sense to me...

Originally posted by UNGN
GM owns Suzuki. If GM wants to sell cars for $12000 to compete with the Koreans, its tough to build them in the US for that price. Suzuki can because they need the money.

Branding them as Chevies makes their CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) numbers soar, so they can build as many V8's as they can sell. And because the car is disposable (like the yugo was) 15 years after they arrive, all evidence of them ever being here will be erased, and they will become a trivial pursuit question.

If selling Sh1tboxs to morons with no money means the rest of us get a reasonably priced 400 HP performance car, I say bring on the Sh1tboxes!

AMEN......;)

matt:cool:

Can someone tell me what this reasonably priced 400 HP car from Chevy is, I haven't heard of that one yet?

Originally posted by Nothinfaster
Can someone tell me what this reasonably priced 400 HP car from Chevy is, I haven't heard of that one yet?

The Sh1tboxes don't go on sale until 2004. Sometime after that unless the government, insurance companies and trial lawyers don't start cracking down.

Ultra conservative Subaru will have a 300HP car this year. I trust Bob Lutz won't let Chevy get left behind.

in popular science this month they have a concept car, i think it was just called the SS, but it was pretty slick looking and i think it said it was going to have about 400 hp, when i get home if i rememebr i will scan the article, and post it..

what do you think of the SSR... i kinda hate it and kinda like it.. i think its very disrespectful the way chevy talks about it.. i mean i read the 'heratige' part of the car on there site (unless they have updated it) and they say that the whole idea of the car is new, that it cant be called a car or truck because its a totally new design... humm i wonder what they call that thing that they made from '59-87 called the el camino... it really makes me think about whats going on in the head quaters...

peace out..

neil