What is best cleaner for driveway?

GNRick

Retired member
I have a combination of oil, brake fluid and power steering fluid on my driveway. I have a pressure washer but that doesn't do it too well without some kind of cleaner. What is best? Thanks.

I've always used laundry detergent mixed to a paste. Put it on and scrub real hard while adding very little water. After it soaks for about 30 minutes hit it with the washer again and it should get most of it out.

get some super purple

from walmart,
pour it on, use a broom to scrub, let it sit for few minutes, hose away ,
key is to let it sit and work for few min.
my drive has NO spots at all!

I use cheap cat litter. Sprinkle it on and grind it in with your foot. This breaks the litter down into smaller peices and allows it to get into the pores of the concrete. You may have to do this several times.

Then I use Purple Power and let it soak.

Here is a neat link to all of your garage questions.

The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin

BBQ cleaner is real tough on oil/grease stains.

Got to let it soak as all other methods, little water/ and scrubbing.

I just use some gasoline, let it soak a minute and wipe it up. Brake and parts cleaner works good too.
Tarey

If you can get a hold of some ZEP Flash this stuff works.goes down as a orange powder and turns green when water hits it. scrub it in and power wash it off .Maybe two times and thats all it takes.good luck

I've always used laundry detergent mixed to a paste. Put it on and scrub real hard while adding very little water. After it soaks for about 30 minutes hit it with the washer again and it should get most of it out.

ditto

I use portland cement on the dampened concrete. The lime in the cement bleaches the oil stains and all I do is rinse after a setting period. Its cheap and easy.

I've used WD40. Even though it's oily, it breaks down whatever is there. It will leave a light colored spot on the driveway, but that goes away in few days especially if it's sunny.

Either muratic acid (used for cleaning fireplaces ) from ur local hardware store or pour gas on it and kitty litter the gas will bring it to the surface and the kitty litter will soak it up:biggrin:

Someone always leaves a spot on the driveway:mad:

Spray the spot with SHOUT, the next rain it's gone:)

I use cheap cat litter. Sprinkle it on and grind it in with your foot. This breaks the litter down into smaller peices and allows it to get into the pores of the concrete. You may have to do this several times.

x2

Ok, here's one. How do you get rust stains out of a newer driveway? Soaps or detergents haven't worked.