What is a good fuel filter to use when using SS hoses?

KevinB

I have a in-tank double pumper that uses AN fittings. I am planning on running SS braided hose from the the tank to the engine (both feed and return.) I want to mount a filter in the spot the original muffler was in. What is a good brand/model number to use for this situation? The car will be (hopefully :) ) a 9 second TSM car that will see street duty. Also, will a -8 line for the feed and a -4 line for the return be big enough? TIA!

-8 sould be plenty based on the times some have run using a double pumper and stock lines.

I do not think the ratio of feed to return is 2:1. -8 and -4 may work during WOT conditions when the engine is pulling lots of fuel but some have reported fuel pressure issues that were tracked back to large feed and restricted return.

I have found a few fuel filters that used AN fittings in -8 that are also good for fuel injection by searching on Summit's site. They have filters that keep limiting the parts. I think I started with filters and or fuel, then, when the options came up, I selected AN fittings, then looked for -8 in and out that were good for injection.

Thanks, I guess I will go with -10 feed (to be safe) and probally -6 return. Since I am using the intank pumps, I just need the fine filter for after the pumps. Which filter did you go with? I am trying to make up a list before I hit up the local speed shop (Craig, I will see you soon :smile: .) I am just kind of paranoid about not having enough fuel. That is what caused my last engine to fail. I now have a TON of money going into this new combo, I would hate to make the same mistake twice :eek:

Thanks again.

well i chose to use all aeromotive- pump and fine/coarse filters. a little pricey but i just wanted to do it once and be done with it.

ajt86 said:
well i chose to use all aeromotive- pump and fine/coarse filters. a little pricey but i just wanted to do it once and be done with it.
Thanks for the help! Does this look like what you have?
027-12301.jpg

Jegs PN#027-12301
# 1 Billet Aluminum Fuel Filter,-10AN Inlet/Outlet
# 5'' Long x 2'' Dia.
# 10-Micron Replaceable Paper Element

Looks like I will need a 10 micron or finer. This filter does not say if it is OK for fuel injection though.

hmmm let me look at my receipts and see what i ended up buying i beleive i got a 100 and a 10

The size equivalence of -5 have taken people to the 9's with a double pumper so -6 should be fine, and -8 over kill, but there are lots more filter options with -10.

The Areomotive stuff seems to be some very nine stuff and you should be done with your fuel system for good alright.

What are you doing with your fuel rail connections? It seems like the only way to go with big lines is to weld a steel -10 fitting directly to the rail after cutting off the stock connector, and then welding a -6 to the bottom of a regulator that has been disassembled to prevent damage to the regulator

Blown&Injected said:
The size equivalence of -5 have taken people to the 9's with a double pumper so -6 should be fine, and -8 over kill, but there are lots more filter options with -10.

The Areomotive stuff seems to be some very nine stuff and you should be done with your fuel system for good alright.

What are you doing with your fuel rail connections? It seems like the only way to go with big lines is to weld a steel -10 fitting directly to the rail after cutting off the stock connector, and then welding a -6 to the bottom of a regulator that has been disassembled to prevent damage to the regulator
As far as the hose size goes, I am not stuck on -10 yet. I am open to any suggestions. I do like doing stuff once and being done with it.

I have not thought about the hook up to the stock rail yet. Tom R, wanna chime in how we are going to do this :D