What is a better buy?

GNewbie

A car with 43k original miles with a few upgraded or a frame off car that has been rebuilt from the ground up?
$16,500.00

Tough call. It would depend on the condition of both. Personally I would go with the frame off car if the process was documented with pics, ie, pics of the frame painted/powdercoated, new bushings, new front and rear suspension, new brake lines, control arm bushings replaced, etc. Good luck

Bryan

Original car has been repainted but paint is peeling a little on the bottom and another spot by window. It has upgraded turbo, injectors, chip, turbo saver and 3 in DP. The rebuilt car has just about everything new including Jimmies trans, new paint, heads, cam, and everything has 5K on them. Price difference is 3K.

Cant beat original though..

True, just depends on your goals with the car. If I had to do it all over I dont think I would buy another low mileage car. I am at a point where for safety reasons my car needs a cage. I just cringe at caging my 43k mile car.

Bryan

What are your future plans for your car?

If you plan to modify it & play with it, then the resto may be the way to go. You could modify it without worry of defacing a low mile car.

Then there is the original... There is something cool about having a low mile original if you plan to leave it that way.

I suppose you could always flip a coin to decide. LOL.

You're fortunate to have more than one model to choose from. With your budget (listed above) you have a lot of options if your patient & can travel to look at other cars.

Good luck
~JM~

Oh my budget is larger than that it was an incomplete thread $16,500.00 for the low milage and $19,500.00 for the performance rebuilt. Another guy has a stock restored one with a crate motor for $16,000.00. There are a lot of them in the Chicagoland area for sale.

There are a lot of really clean cars for sale in that range.

You have checked this boards Classified section, right?

I'd like to be car shopping right now with a budget like that. Take your time & find a cherry.

~JM~