What is a 87 Buick T-type worth with front end damage?

I know I would not spend 350 on a used hood, OR a header....I'd sell my complete front bumper for 300 in a heart beat....I'd never pay that though...lol, fenders are a dime a dozen...I had to give my last two away....parts don't have to be as expensive as they are....people on this board inflate prices so much it's not even funny....flame if you want, just giving my opinion.

If you needed a hood today and didn't want to wait forever for one to show up or drive 1/2 way across the planet $350 isn't that bad.
As far as the front bumper goes I get $25 per light,$100 for a nice straight bumper and $150 for the correct aluminum bumper support the car in question should have.

Hey I once bought a ram air 4 Gto judge for $500 does that make the ones guys get $100,000 for overpriced? It just means we can all get a good deal once in a while with some patience and lots of luck

Exactly my point. If people are patient, they can get what they need reasonably...if they are in a hurry, there's always someone out there with what they need....and making them pay dearly for wanting it now. As far as the bumper...you seem to be pricing every piece, adding it up and that's your price for the complete assembly...if we all did that, our cars would sell for over $100k....guess that's why everyone parts them out. Like I said just my .02

Who knows if this car has aluminum supports anyway? He says it's a t-type, which could mean anything since it's an 87. The only cars that got the aluminum supports mandatory was the we4. Oh, and I got my front aluminum support for free:rolleyes:

Depending on the type of parts used it could change the value. You have to get pics. If it says t-type on it its probably an 86. Didnt make t-types in 87. There are alot of companies that make mods for these cars.Some are good and some are not. Who installed the cage could change value. Get pic of Rpo tag in trunk and front of car. Like stated above There are some nice cars out there for under 10k which would make this a parts car in my eyes.By the time your done you will have over 10k in it If you dont work on cars walk away . The only reason I would buy it is because I have an 87 limited with the t package and leather and I have all the parts to fix it on hand. 4k is max I would pay if I was to buy it. There was a two tone limited that went for I believe 9800. and that car was pretty mint. well good luck

All the 84-86 turbo cars are suppose to have aluminum bumper supports . All the 87 turbo cars have them as well EXCEPT the 87 Gn which always has steel supports. I have had about 80 of these cars and probably around 40 of them were turbo cars so I feel I know I little bit.good for you on getting yours for free !!! We all have gotten good deals on stuff at 1 time or another.

All the 84-86 turbo cars are suppose to have aluminum bumper supports . All the 87 turbo cars have them as well EXCEPT the 87 Gn which always has steel supports. I have had about 80 of these cars and probably around 40 of them were turbo cars so I feel I know I little bit.good for you on getting yours for free !!! We all have gotten good deals on stuff at 1 time or another.
I will agree, if he wants parts right now, he will pay premium for the parts. But if he's willing to do the searching himself, find it local or within driving distance, with a little patience he could get all the parts for a reasonable price. Me finding the aluminum radiator support and bumper support was just from askin around. Gbodies are hard to come by around here with multiple dirt tracks in my area. You're lucky to find a rusted heap in the junkyard, and I even get excited about that.

TO the OP. I got some chrome parts I may never use and may consider selling cheap if you can't find items you are looking for, if you end up buying the car.

I will try & get some pics. I have some on my cell phone but they are crap.
I am assuming it is a T-Type, to me it's more of a luxury Regal turbo car, what model would that be called? Forgive my ignorance on the models.

Thanks guys for your info & offers for parts.

Time to go play with my junk car made out of junk used parts. Gotta put this really nice cam sensor on I got for a used junk price of 25 bucks.

Oh yeah because we all know junkyard stuff is no good, along with that INCORRECT aluminum core support that is on my car I paid 25 bucks for. Ineedagn can vouch that my car is so incomplete, busted up, and incorrect. Guess what, my car got hit in the front too and it's got n/a regal parts on it from a junk car waiting to go to the circle track. Here's a picture of my incorrect shitty car.View attachment 178145

LOL - I love that incorrect and shitty black car.

Is that a Grand Monte? :D
I had a friend, who once had a friend, who knew someone that had one of dem der Grand Montes.

I'll say this much.

Sometime's you go against conventional financial logic because all you have in your bank is say 5K, and you really, really really want a certain something and you kind of want it now.

And your mind start playing tricks on you, convincing you that you can do it in this amount of time, and for this amount of money. Or on the cheap - pay as you go model.
Which is not a character defect at all.
And it's never quite as simple as it all seemed (in your mind)
(My 1982 GN comes to mind)
(Or my 1986 WH1)

But you know darned well that if you only cool your jets, save some more money, you can buy a street ready or DD car for 9-10K.
(see the various posts of really nice cars currently for sale on our site)

The truth is - the darned drivetrain (assuming it is in good shape) is worth what? At least 2K-3K?
I try to explain this to various sellers of ragged out GNs that want 5,6, or 7K.
They are in a pickle.
Since it would take 5K (more if it needs full paint job) to turn it into a 10K car.
That doesn't count the hundreds of hours and thousand dollars in misc nuts, bolts, cleaner, etc etc.
Before you know it - you've popped a G without blinking.
See Aluminum radiator prices
But they cant hardly afford to sell it for 2K since they can get that for the motor or motor & trans.
Sooooooo - see pickle.
aka parts car

While you can do things on the cheap, generally speaking, these parts aren't the cheapest parts.
Especially if you are doing a TR right.
Chrome pieces might be more accesible (i.e for a Limited) but they still aren't what I consider 'cheap".
If you don't believe me - look at prices for chrome headlight bezels or side markers for starters.

One last thing.
The TR you describe indeed sounds like a Limited.
The Landau roof was the tipoff.
While the Limiteds have their fans - it is a smaller audience.
i.e. smaller market.
i.e. They don't bring nearly as much money as W02, WE2, WE4 cars
(shhh..to all the Limited owners I've made mad - I love Limiteds - like that two tone Silver on Grey D84 that just sold)
Ask youself this - if you were hunting a Turbo Regal - would you be looking for one with a Landau roof or the ubiquitous Darth Vader car?

So - if, if, if.
If the interior is nice.
If the body is good.
If the paint is good.
I say.....4500 - 5K for a car with a busted up front. Tops.
Depends what's on the motor.

As a point of reference - I paid $9500 for this

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
Who knows if this car has aluminum supports anyway? He says it's a t-type, which could mean anything since it's an 87. The only cars that got the aluminum supports mandatory was the we4. Oh, and I got my front aluminum support for free:rolleyes:

Pretty sure from the Landau top and leather seat description that would make it a Limited.
I suppose they could have ordered the options seperately..maybe?
But my guess is a Limited.
A Limited with a roll cage.
Hmmmmmm
Not feeling it.

I will try & get some pics. I have some on my cell phone but they are crap.
I am assuming it is a T-Type, to me it's more of a luxury Regal turbo car, what model would that be called? Forgive my ignorance on the models.

Thanks guys for your info & offers for parts.

I do beleive it is a Limited.
Lots of stainless looking interior pieces.
Pillow top leather seats
Half landau roof
Side marker lights on the fender
"Hi Grandma - Love your car!"

I re-read the original post describing some of the options and it adds up to several thousand dollars of good mods - which is certainly worth considering.

While not a plug for a particular car - though as another point of reference - you could have an intact car like the one below - for $7600 - ready to drive around and impress whoever with.
Sure it's not a Limited with those good drivetrain mods - but it's not in pieces either.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/1987-t-type-charcoal-grey.388863/#post-3144269

The guy wants $6000, he is high.

Know it depends on the brand of parts used to mod car. Is it a terry houston pipe or some junk ebay pipe . are headers atr or other like ebay headers. get pics. go to him with 4k cash and see what he says. The last one I bought the guy wanted 5 stacks for it. He said he was going to part it out. I then explained the process of parting one of these cars out and having parts everywhere and then having a shell and a frame sitting for months till he could get rid of it and then hes going to end up junking it for scrap money. He changed his mind and I got it for 2k after a little more haggling from my girlfriend. Post pics .get the rpo tag and block out vin so no one jumps on it. get good pics of front end. He knows hes not getting 6k for it when there are cars out there for 3k more that are driveable. talk him down. If this car has all top of the line parts its worth 6k But thats if its parted out and not repaired. get pics. What color is the car and what color interior. does it have goofy looking pull handles. they call them casket handles on inner door panels or are they pull straps. sounds like a limited to me.

Know it depends on the brand of parts used to mod car. Is it a terry houston pipe or some junk ebay pipe . are headers atr or other like ebay headers. get pics. go to him with 4k cash and see what he says. The last one I bought the guy wanted 5 stacks for it. He said he was going to part it out. I then explained the process of parting one of these cars out and having parts everywhere and then having a shell and a frame sitting for months till he could get rid of it and then hes going to end up junking it for scrap money. He changed his mind and I got it for 2k after a little more haggling from my girlfriend. Post pics .get the rpo tag and block out vin so no one jumps on it. get good pics of front end. He knows hes not getting 6k for it when there are cars out there for 3k more that are driveable. talk him down. If this car has all top of the line parts its worth 6k But thats if its parted out and not repaired. get pics. What color is the car and what color interior. does it have goofy looking pull handles. they call them casket handles on inner door panels or are they pull straps. sounds like a limited to me.

LOL - yeah - the casket handles
Good reference for the really old Buick guys.

If clean, those Limited interiors can look interesting.
I am used to looking at grey vinyl, but that Silver / Grey D84 that just sold in Phoenix was really pretty inside.

He said it was blue exterior.
Usually grey leather, can't recall if I've ever seen blue leather, but I'd have to check interior codes to be sure blue leather exists.