What is a 87 Buick T-type worth with front end damage?

I am thinking about buying a 87 T-Type that has front end damage.

It needs a bumper, lft fender, grill, front end basically, radiator support, radiator,inner fenderwells & a hood. Frame did not get touched.

The engine looks clean, nice aftermarket headers, 3" DP external wastegate, 3 " dual stainless polished exhaust & mufflers., Bigger rear & front anti sway bars. Turbonetics turbo, maybe a 60-1?, 4" maf inlet tubing. bigger injectors, Art car trans 200R4, not sure of stall, (not driveable currently) Cast aluminum ("V-6") valve covers. Polished stock TB manifold., Scan master, maybe has a turbo tweak chip?

Car has 76,000 original I believe. Leather seats, digital dash, Auto meter gauges qty., 5
It has a roll cage 6 pt & fold out door bars.
Car is straight other than the front end damage & no rust.

What would a car like this be worth? I know it's a little info, but that is all I have for now.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thank you.

If the interior is nice and the drivetrain is still intact, I'd try to get it for around $4-5K max. At that point, you could part it out or repair it. If you can repair it yourself, then you'll be ahead of the game. If you can't, then you'll still end up with a turbo Buick for around fair market value.

Paint plays a role too. Has it been repainted and what color is it? If it's original and/or it's a hard color to match, you are looking to pay for a complete repaint so that it matches. If it happens to be, say, black, and is already shiny base/clear on the rest of the car, you are only repainting the panels you are bolting on. Don't forget to be very careful about the title history, any accident history will devalue it somewhat and a previous salvage/branded title will cut the repaired value in half. But I agree, really nice car that now needs a nose job, probably worth 4-5k at the most. Seeing nice cars for sale on here under 10k makes a wrecked one a really hard sell right now. I'd only try to buy something like that if I was bored in the evenings and needed something to do (and wanted the warm fuzzy feeling people talk about when they save a worthy candidate).

Good luck!

The cage hurts it more than the damage in my opinion.

However it is your money and your choice.

sounds like it needs like $1500-2000 in front end parts to me plus a paint job and someone with skills to put it toghther and hopefully nothing else is wrong with it

If you are contemplating spending 5 on one with a smashed front let me direct you to the mint cars up for under 10k :p

For me personally to take on one that needs work like that I would need to get it DIRT cheap.

1500-2k in front end parts? that's a lot of crack money. Shit, you can get new black headlight bezels and grille for 500 bucks. If it's chrome the stuff can be had used dirt cheap and probably get a loaded header panel for 100 bucks from a junkyard. Core supports are cheap, just gotta find one that isn't rusty which shouldn't be to hard. Fenders are easy to find. Flat hoods are everywhere and cheap, carb turbo cars can turn up in junkyards (81-83) but you can always get a good used hood off the board for 3-400 shipped if you wait it out. I got everything I needed for my car for 40 bucks. Wasn't the best, but it's on my car now and it's straight.

After ripping down an entire car, tearing the body and interior down twice, front clip twice. Doing a front clip on a car doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. If I had it I'd jam it all, throw the shit on, line it up, scuff, smooth and spray and call it a day.

Gbodyparts and goodmark are teaming up for new turbo hoods with a target price of like $350...

how did it get smashed?
i'm sure he was just leisurely driving down the road when he swerved to avoid a cute baby deer that ran out in front of him and he just barely grazed a small tree at like 15mph and he didn't get slideways at 110mph on the track and smack the wall, which would mean that there is probably a lot of hidden damage that won't show up until you start crawling around underneath it with a tape measure..
i'd have a hard time believing that a caged car with those go-fast parts on it had "minor" damage..

The guy slammed on the brakes hard & went under a truck (not paying attention), hence minor damage, as far as the frame is concerned.

The car is a dark blue, appears to be original paint & has a landau top.

1500-2k in front end parts? that's a lot of crack money. Shit, you can get new black headlight bezels and grille for 500 bucks. If it's chrome the stuff can be had used dirt cheap and probably get a loaded header panel for 100 bucks from a junkyard. Core supports are cheap, just gotta find one that isn't rusty which shouldn't be to hard. Fenders are easy to find. Flat hoods are everywhere and cheap, carb turbo cars can turn up in junkyards (81-83) but you can always get a good used hood off the board for 3-400 shipped if you wait it out. I got everything I needed for my car for 40 bucks. Wasn't the best, but it's on my car now and it's straight.

If your gonna tell him to put wrong / incorrect parts on it might as well tell him to put a complete cutlass nose on it . It will fit it won't be correct like most of the parts your telling him to get.

If the car was crunched pretty good in the front I would assume it needs mostly all of it.
A very nice 84-87 header panel is worth up to $350 for a unrepaired one
Turbo hood $350
A pair of good turbo wheel wells are worth about $300
Fenders I get $100 each
Grille depends $150-300
Bumper with the correct aluminum support with lights and bezels worth around $300 complete
Front fillers new which is the only way to go $219
Radiator support $50
F body radiator $125

We will assume the following is still good . Radiator hold down, ac lines, wheel well mouldings, emblems.

So my total for decent correct parts is about $2000 like I said.

Could the be found cheaper perhaps. Would not correct parts work yes! But why do it half ass?

If your gonna tell him to put wrong / incorrect parts on it might as well tell him to put a complete cutlass nose on it . It will fit it won't be correct like most of the parts your telling him to get.

If the car was crunched pretty good in the front I would assume it needs mostly all of it.
A very nice 84-87 header panel is worth up to $350 for a unrepaired one
Turbo hood $350
A pair of good turbo wheel wells are worth about $300
Fenders I get $100 each
Grille depends $150-300
Bumper with the correct aluminum support with lights and bezels worth around $300 complete
Front fillers new which is the only way to go $219
Radiator support $50
F body radiator $125

We will assume the following is still good . Radiator hold down, ac lines, wheel well mouldings, emblems.

So my total for decent correct parts is about $2000 like I said.

Could the be found cheaper perhaps. Would not correct parts work yes! But why do it half ass?
Oh yeah because we all know junkyard stuff is no good, along with that INCORRECT aluminum core support that is on my car I paid 25 bucks for. Ineedagn can vouch that my car is so incomplete, busted up, and incorrect. Guess what, my car got hit in the front too and it's got n/a regal parts on it from a junk car waiting to go to the circle track. Here's a picture of my incorrect shitty car.
394724_10151119947017112_502913688_n.jpg

I know I would not spend 350 on a used hood, OR a header....I'd sell my complete front bumper for 300 in a heart beat....I'd never pay that though...lol, fenders are a dime a dozen...I had to give my last two away....parts don't have to be as expensive as they are....people on this board inflate prices so much it's not even funny....flame if you want, just giving my opinion.