What intercooler options exist for the TTA?

Irid

Just wondering what the compatibility of the GN and TTA intercoolers are as far as the aftermarket options go. Otherwise, I'm assuming you can weld on the duttweiler neck to the TTA intercooler.

I know that CAS makes one specific to the TTA, but from the extensive complaints about service from them, I'd rather not deal with them.

I know the GN front mounts won't work, but what about the rest of the "stock location" units?

Thoughts?

What about a custom made water cooled one that fits in the stock brackets and hoses?

I have one in my garage right now, made by the world famous swedish handcraftsmen!

I know that CAS makes one specific to the TTA, but from the extensive complaints about service from them, I'd rather not deal with them.
Man the CAS rep. is getting bad.

Yeah it is. I own a Typhoon as well and a good number of people over on the syty boards are ticked off. The thing that sucks is that it's not their product, it's their service. I don't want to deal with that.

Anyway, back to the TTA intercoolers, anything other than the CAS unit bolt right up? I'd like to stay air-to-air Swede ;-)

Yes TTA owners are starting to suck wind. A product isn't so good if you can't get it

Another option may be to go to Jack Cotton and see if his stock location extended IC would or could be made to work in a TTA. Perhaps just a little shorter to help the TTA ground clearance?

His stock location unit is a better unit than stock anyway. His IC with the neck mod would be a decent upgrade, but certainly not a front-mount type gain.

The Duttweiler neck mod is a documented gain, but not on the same order as a better (aka bigger) IC.

The other option that rarely comes up is the A/C system cooled intercoolers. I lost the URL to the place that was making them, but they claimed great results. Lotsa arguments on that one too.

The liquid IC thing for street use generates a long list of arguments for and against. There was just one last week over on the "regular" TB forum.

I wonder if you could get one of the tr front mounts to work without much cutting. If so I wonder why none of the vendors have bent any pipes to fit our cars. From what ive saw the cas front mount doesnt look much different from the tr front mount. Plus if you run a front mount there looks like a lot more room in front of the engine so you could throw on some larger fans to keep things cool. Just a thought though.

Yeah I'm thinking the duttweiler neck is a no brainer, but it would be nice to have some off-the-shelf stuff for the TTA. If they exist (other than the CAS unit) I just don't know about them.

This is supposed to be my "easy" car, i.e. a minimum of custom fabbing ;-) Perhaps that will go down the drain at some point and I'll get sucked in and build a custom unit.

i had a pte front mount on my tta, had to modify the pipes and the outlets of the ic, it came out awesome, i made a scoop for it cause it doesnt get much air , i'll try to post some pics