what injectors work with stock 85 GN

jessecool

I have a few sets of new injectors from newer buick 3800.Le sabre,Park Avenue,Celebrity...Will they work with stock 85 motor.And if so what year 3800 injectors are best?

I have a few sets of new injectors from newer buick 3800.Le sabre,Park Avenue,Celebrity...Will they work with stock 85 motor.And if so what year 3800 injectors are best?

Unless you plan on changing the chip, the stock 28lb HighZ injectors are best.

i want to use them for now on my factory 85 ecm,until i get my new 86 ecm.Then i can get bigger injectors with a TT chip with alky....

if your going to get a chip, you might as well get 42.5 PPH injectors (poston buick) but i wouldnt go too much higher than that, from what im told, our HA cars flood with injectors bigger than 36 PPH, (im running 42.5 without a problem)

if your going to get a chip, you might as well get 42.5 PPH injectors (poston buick) but i wouldnt go too much higher than that, from what im told, our HA cars flood with injectors bigger than 36 PPH, (im running 42.5 without a problem)

Poston is out of business. Do a search on Poston.
If he is getting a chip, get a chip/injector combo from TurboTweak. :cool:
See link in sig for info.

As for which injectors are good, and compatible with the original ECM, i have NO idea :)

As for after ECM conversion, I just went through this myself, wanted to get a new set of injectors. After looking around I found that the best deal was to get the 42.5 pounders from TurboTweak, with a chip burned for them. 42.5 is the smallest set eric would sell, and I thought that was probably more than I'd need, so i shopped around to see if i could find something a little smaller at a better price. What I found is that the price was hardly any less, and since I definitely wanted a TT chip, when you added on the price of that to getting injectors from another source, the price was about the same as the injectors+chip combo from TT. Now if you would be okay with used injectors, or have a chip you like for a bigger set of injectors, obviously that would be a cheaper route. If, like me, you wanted to get new injectors and a turbotweak chip to control them, then the best deal I found was to get everything from him.

cool, thanks for all the help guys....i think turbo tweak is the way to go.I am still waiting on a few parts from postons from 3 months ago..i think they got me.