What I love about E85....

I like to run 24 deg, i have tested 25-26 deg but didnt see any gain. i had a stock motor & stock heads that had never been off, So really didn't see any gains going past 26 deg on 3rd. I did start seeing big gains once i started leaning out on E85 but leaning out with #'s you really don't see posted. It actually was advice from Gabby. Good advice, very high AFR's i still can see him telling me to try it out that the irons like heat. Good advice IMO.. Not for the weak hearted :nailbiting:
I do my own stuff though i intake advice from a bunch of guys on here but at the end of the day you need to figure out what your combo likes. How's the 60 ft? how's your mph? Lot of guys pass up the trans converter / cam/ gear/ tire height. Means alot when your trying to stay in your power band rpm range during shifts.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Gabby told me to stick around 11.0-11.3
Now I did play with 13.0 in 1-2 and Wow! Major difference in power, but I couldnt run that in 3rd.

Im at 11 - 11.3 also across the board. Ill have to try leaning out a little. Was spool up quicker also?

I did start seeing big gains once i started leaning out on E85 but leaning out with #'s you really don't see posted. It actually was advice from Gabby. Good advice, very high AFR's i still can see him telling me to try it out that the irons like heat. Good advice IMO.. Not for the weak hearted :nailbiting:
Care to share said AFR's?

We dont have special motors vs the world of E85. Some motors like leaner and some like it more rich. Fast guys I know leave it at 11.0-11.3 like Gabby said. Some even fatter like 10.6-10.8
You lean detonate on e85 ,your gonna be hurting the motor real quick.

I ran 12.5 with no issues,

*Please remember stock long block stock cam, i wouldn't turn the engine past 5150, i was also running a lockup converter different combo completely than what some others have i would never try anything someone else posts.
So just because i ran it doesn't mean you should. Also my altitude in Miami might differ, ambient air temps how hot was the air going into the motor might differ. ETC.. I would stay up till 2 am on street runs dialing in the car. Gabby didn't do any of my tuning he would share advice but i did my own thing.

Last edited:
7.10s- 7.30 runs consistent @ the 1/8th mile we are talking about a stock car though bolt ons and a built trans. - best 60FT was a 1.68 could never get the 60 ft down never tried the emergency brake cable trick. This was with a 7 disk lockup vigilante which really didn't give me the best 60, leaving at about 6-7 psi.. Full weight car Cold AC with a car seat in the back :D E85 275/60/15s ET streets on stock T wheels, majority of the runs i would break loose and get back on her. My cousin now owns that car its a beast, true workhorse throw w,e you want at her she moved.

I would have issues like plugs would get loose i would have to retighten them all the time? even had bolts missing of the turbo sometimes never understood why. BTW never used cold plugs, i run r42's gapped @ 30/32. never broke any records but i would beat most ppl in the street while heading to work.

Oh just to add this was all done thry a old hooker dual exhaust ..Super Quiet! People on the stands thought my car was electric lol..

Last edited:
That explains it right there. A wise but fast man once told me that I should go lean on low boost and fatten it up with bigger boost. Alright, Steve Dickerson told me that once apon a time ago.
He was right.
My time in my sig is with a 1.71 60ft and unlocked converter at 11.2 AFR

Guy's what type and brands of pumps are you running and what size injectors are you guys running? How many of you are running the SD2 chip? An how many of you are running F.A.S.T?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Fast xfi 2.05, aeromotive, 120lb inj

Fast 2.0 magnafuel 625 pump with 160s that are maxed out at 27 psi...looking into whats that all about

Do you guy's think with the combo that I have in my sig with the upgrade, of the fuel pump, 120s, new turbo, E85 and A great tune could i get into the high 9's. I'm asking because I want to plan for future upgrades to hit my goal.

Do you guy's think with the combo that I have in my sig with the upgrade, of the fuel pump, 120s, new turbo, E85 and A great tune could i get into the high 9's. I'm asking because I want to plan for future upgrades to hit my goal.

Did you get your motor back yet?

You can do that with what you have. No need to switch to an E85 system unless that is the route you wish to take.