What I love about E85....

120's with twin DW pumps on the faster car. 80's with a single DW on the 11 sec car

120s will support well over 133mph

Fast 2.0 magnafuel 625 pump with 160s that are maxed out at 27 psi...looking into whats that all about

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Let me know if you find out. I also have the 625 pump and maxing out injectors....granted I have 120's. One member, also with the same pump, suggested that the fuel filters are restrictive. I still have to try this theory out. I run the suggested ones - 75 and 25. I was thinking about pulling the post filter off and running the 75 pre only.

Let me know if you find out. I also have the 625 pump and maxing out injectors....granted I have 120's. One member, also with the same pump, suggested that the fuel filters are restrictive. I still have to try this theory out. I run the suggested ones - 75 and 25. I was thinking about pulling the post filter off and running the 75 pre only.

Will do...I called MagnaFuel and they said that pump can support 1300 hp on e85, my thinking is the DC should be around 75-80% on my motor

Im going to try a volt booster first and see what that does , if its still a problem then Ill look at the pump,filters, etc.

Going to the track this week so we"ll see

What rwhp did you max the 120s at

Will do...I called MagnaFuel and they said that pump can support 1300 hp on e85, my thinking is the DC should be around 75-80% on my motor

Im going to try a volt booster first and see what that does , if its still a problem then Ill look at the pump,filters, etc.

Going to the track this week so we"ll see

They told me it's good for around 800 crank hp. I bought a volt booster to see if it would help too, and the volt booster left me stranded on the side of the road :mad:. I sent it to get repaired though and haven't tried it again....yet. Keep me updated on your findings please.

When the injectors are at 100 percent the power logger will read over 100 percent. Hahaha

injector dutycycle is not something the ECM knows about, its a value calculated within PLC, to give the user an idea of how much headroom is left in their fuel delivery.

its just math.

if you are running 6000 RPM, and your injector pulsewidth is 20ms, you are at exactly 100% dutycycle. if the ECM is commanding a larger pulsewidth, the IDC will read greater than 100%, but the injector will physically be at 100% because it is being held open (i.e. "static")

The PLC calculation for this has been unchanged for a LONG time. If its wrong, its news to me.

Got data?

Bob

injector dutycycle is not something the ECM knows about, its a value calculated within PLC, to give the user an idea of how much headroom is left in their fuel delivery.

its just math.

if you are running 6000 RPM, and your injector pulsewidth is 20ms, you are at exactly 100% dutycycle. if the ECM is commanding a larger pulsewidth, the IDC will read greater than 100%, but the injector will physically be at 100% because it is being held open (i.e. "static")

The PLC calculation for this has been unchanged for a LONG time. If its wrong, its news to me.

Got data?

Bob

Now that you mention that one of the persons that talked about it was saying to rely more on the pulsewidth than the IDC. I will and try and find said thead(s) when I get more time.

Now that you mention that one of the persons that talked about it was saying to rely more on the pulsewidth than the IDC. I will and try and find said thead(s) when I get more time.

I've mentioned it and seen others post it several times. Like Bob said, it's a math formula. Extra pressure takes injectors further than they were designed to go as well. Many factors can push the idc% over 100% while maintaining a safe AFR. Like Bob stated, it's a number that tells you when you are close to needing more and with injectors, they really shouldn't be run static to be efficient. I think 80-85% true duty cycle is where they need to be upgraded. I've been told 24ms pulsewidth at 5000 rpm is static and 20ms at 6000rpm is static, so if you know pulsewidth, you can figure it. BUT, that's what the PL is already doing for you.

I trust Bob's math over any post found around here.

I saw the posts about injectors magically continuing to deliver additional fuel after exceeding 100% and its garbage. No data just garbage.

ok, math

take 120000/RPM this will give you the time (in milliseconds) that it takes for the engine to go around twice. (example 120000/5100 = 23.529)

take your pulsewidth and divide it by this number (example our pulsewidth is 26.5, so 26.5/23.529 = 1.126 (112.6%) the ECM wants 12 % more fuel than the injectors can deliver.

Bob

^^^^^^there you have it. pulsewidth tells you when you've gone static relative to rpm, but idc% is a calculation so it can be over 100% if the variables in the formula are manipulated.

They told me it's good for around 800 crank hp. I bought a volt booster to see if it would help too, and the volt booster left me stranded on the side of the road :mad:. I sent it to get repaired though and haven't tried it again....yet. Keep me updated on your findings please.

Had the car out the other night and the volt booster didnt help ..wishful thinking...still maxing out ....going to check the filters and if their ok ...probably will go with a Weldon