What headers on GN1s

corymc

Just wondering if you can use stock headers on gn1s or need to upgrade. Also I have a 3 inch thdp for stock headers what other headers will work with that pipe?

I've been using bone stock headers on mine with GN1's and a THDP. I think they may be a good reason why my car spools up so quickly when driving it on the street, and since the 3650lb car goes through the traps at 126 through a closed exhaust, they must be adequate. Paul

I've been using bone stock headers on mine with GN1's and a THDP. I think they may be a good reason why my car spools up so quickly when driving it on the street, and since the 3650lb car goes through the traps at 126 through a closed exhaust, they must be adequate. Paul

I agree with the stock junk header's ...Melissa's street GN 132 mph :cool: oppps she only has ported iron's :)

I have the stainless ATR headers. They are out of business but you might could find some used.

I have the stainless ATR headers. They are out of business but you might could find some used.

I have some ss atr's for sale $750

Attachments

• I3010154.jpg
    I3010154.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 280
  • I3010157.jpg
    I3010157.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 278
stockers are good, but they crack alot and have small ports, i ran them with unported gn1's and worked fine. but if you put the ta headers and stockers side by side you will see the ports are much larger and the velocity of the ta headers are much better....i bet these ta headers are the best in terms of keeping velocity up. in turn helps spoolup alot. and now since i have ported gn1's, the larger ports are neccesary. my 2cents.

stockers are good, but they crack alot and have small ports, i ran them with unported gn1's and worked fine. but if you put the ta headers and stockers side by side you will see the ports are much larger and the velocity of the ta headers are much better....i bet these ta headers are the best in terms of keeping velocity up. in turn helps spoolup alot. and now since i have ported gn1's, the larger ports are neccesary. my 2cents.

what thdp do you have i have one for stock type headers will that work with the ta's or would i have to buy a new dp?