What have you been doing to your hotair over the winter?

cool 84 said:
I didn't ask what you believe. If you're ever in the area, bring it! If not, shut your ass.

Just what I thought!LOL :eek: :biggrin: :p

Seriously,im sure everyone here is dying to see a pic of your car so post it up and show us. :rolleyes:

Chad Oliver said:
What has everyone been working on for the spring/summer?
try and remember that THIS is the topic.

anyway... over the last few months ive upgraded to the 86/87 ECM and retrofitted the MAT sensor, installed a chip for my 30lb injectors, modified my stock wastegate rod to make it adjustable, and ive been finishing up on the deletion of my heater box to make more room in the engine bay. ive got the adapter plate and harness to do the 86/87 ignition swap, but i dont have the funds right now for a coil and module so that mod is going to have to wait a bit

alls thats left is some serious tuning and then finally some track time!!

broke1 said:
Just what I thought!LOL :eek: :biggrin: :p

Seriously,im sure everyone here is dying to see a pic of your car so post it up and show us. :rolleyes:

You're the only one dying to see my car. Most here have seen it. I have nothing to prove to a nobody. So again, show up and race or shut your ass.

On topic, I put mine in the bodyshop, decided to get the GNX flares which meant Simmons wheels for the correct offset. Now I'm looking at a $10,000 bill. I'm in no hurry to finish this project. Tranny is also coming out. I've broken the ArtCarr unit for the last time so I'm swapping it out for a billet PTS unit.

Going to a 4000 stahl lock up, a stainless steel down pipe I had custom built and having the car scaled. Then tune it some more.

Damn Body shops

:rolleyes: Still waiting to get my GN back from the body shop Was told when I dropped it off it would only take 3 weeks that was 3 months ago :confused: just wish they would have told me which 3 weeks of the year Now we are down to it will be ready friday that was 3 fridays ago :mad: again i wish they would tell me which friday of the year LOL :biggrin: Damn Body shops I have been collecting parts while the car is in the shop :p shocks new turbo , headers ,radiator (f-Body), intake , tires and rims and various nick knacks
Oh could somebody give me erics email so I can get a hold of him ne a chip burnt for my baby :rolleyes:
I have upgraded the electronics to 86-87 you know coil,ignition,ecm all that stuff. now need a chip ;)
Just wish these thing would go up in value damn spent about 10 grand on this thing :eek: not counting the 4500 i paid for it but the good thing is i got it from the oringinal owner :rolleyes: But it is a labor and cost of love

paint

Hi Jerryl Have you got your ride going yet and i just wanted to thank you for your help in the past

84HAGN said:
Hi Jerryl Have you got your ride going yet and i just wanted to thank you for your help in the past
Anytime. The moment of truth will be this week. That is what I have been doing this winter. :biggrin:

Did my "eyes" deceive me ...200 shot N2O. :eek:

yes sir that is correct! 200 shot N2O
with a progressive controler. that oughta make for a very interesting ride down the track! :biggrin:

does zero to 60 performance still make hotair down pipes?
and does anyone have a website address were i can buy one?

i just bought my next winter project :biggrin:
a 4.1 to go in the T-TYPE and i will transplant my current 3.8 engine into my 85 GN :D

0 to 60 is out of business :mad: I got lucky and bought one off a boardmember. I hope you can get that 200 horse shot to work :) . I think Terry Penner got a 150 shot to work (13's to 11.60's) :cool: . He was using old school KenneBell headers, cam and some other tweaks.

BTW, BROKE1 (Drew) is not as bad as he may sound. He has helped me out with info (Brian Prince). He had a Hot Air that he maxxed out and finally converted to 87. I have watched Leeo, Scott Porter and Ms. Jamie run their cars and change combos. I think Ms. Jamie will pick up where Leeo left off. I am changing my car over to intercooled similiar to Scott Porter's old Maytag White T. I am using a 86 intake with my turbo mounted in the stock Hot Air location. I am using a 4.1 block an I am not going to have change much to get the 4.1 in place of the 3.8. I might even use a 50 shot. I had a good friend that lauched on the 50shot. He would stage at idle and launch on the NOS. He DID NOT GET GREEDY WITH THE NOS!!!! Cut some mean 1.5 on Drag Radials.

Chuck

im hopinig it will work well also, i am using the new mass translator pro to help with the tuning issues. :biggrin:
if that doesnt work out ill use a gen 6 accel programmer

Long Time

Wow cwmccray I haven't heard reference to Scott's car in a while. I first saw it when they had the GS nat's in Columbus OH. He ran 11's that trip. I like the way he ran is intercooler( custom frontmount ). I hope I'll get started on my car again next week. Waiting for the doc to tell me I can put pressure on my foot again ( no more tree cutting for me ).

here's my 85 not cool 3.8 turbo project "goldmember"

Attachments

• scan0014 (600 x 395).jpg
    scan0014 (600 x 395).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 96
Bat said:
Wow cwmccray I haven't heard reference to Scott's car in a while. I first saw it when they had the GS nat's in Columbus OH. He ran 11's that trip. I like the way he ran is intercooler( custom frontmount ). I hope I'll get started on my car again next week. Waiting for the doc to tell me I can put pressure on my foot again ( no more tree cutting for me ).

I found a car that Scott built for a guy. The guy got locked up and they could not get a title :mad: I tried every way possible to buy the car legitimately and just gave up. The car is rusting away. I did get great pix of the car :cool: Check out the link to my web site:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cwmccray_jr/album?.dir=3e49

Chuck