What have you been doing to your hotair over the winter?

Chad Oliver

I haven't done anything but drive it and fixed a fuel leak. But I did purchase something for the Ttype. It got a 2006 Haulmark 24' enclosed car hauler w/5k lbs axles. It's white to match the hotair.

What has everyone been working on for the spring/summer?

I am working on having my heads and intake professionally ported to match for a high 12 type car. I will then install a new TA33C turbo and hookup my new Alkycontrol alcohol injection system. Also, 36ibs blue top injectors as well. I just had the trans rebuilt to match the motor. I will order the chip to match this setup soon from Caspers. Then I will tune the car up this spring and get some sticky tires. Brad

this should give ya'll a good idea along with a TE-44 turbo, spearco front mount I/C, 009 injectors, 208/208 duration cam, home made js manufacturing style intake, 62mm T/B, 200 shot N2O,turbo tweak chip ,ssm traction bars, among other things :cool:

Attachments

• shortblock1.jpg
    shortblock1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 231
Those are some nice combo's you guys are working on. Gotta love a good set of ported heads :biggrin: . What are you two going to do for your exhaust? Will you be running a test pipe?

highboost said:
this should give ya'll a good idea along with a TE-44 turbo, spearco front mount I/C, 009 injectors, 208/208 duration cam, home made js manufacturing style intake, 62mm T/B, 200 shot N2O,turbo tweak chip ,ssm traction bars, among other things :cool:

Did my "eyes" deceive me ...200 shot N2O. :eek: That is a lot of NOS. I have seen good results out of a 50hp shot and even a 100hp. I think Duttweiler had some success out of a 150hp.. port injected. He ran 11.00s...
Hopefully you can get Eric (Turbo Tweak) to make you a NOS chip with progressive timing and increase fueling...

I have got a Speaco Setup, 3 inch Zero to 60 Downpipe, Bowling Green Customs Headers (Postons) and 2 86 intakes. I plan to modify my upper plenums on both intakes and drill holle for oil return. I aquired two 4.1 and have decide to build my car with a 204/216 Edelbrock cam, TA49, 50lb injectors, 62 mm Throttle body. I am still undecided on the Tranny: short tail 400 with 3000 stall or a 200r4 with 2800 stall. Hopefull by May, I will have the car on the road to Bowling Green and a new car tag...EXTRME T :cool:

cwmccray said:
I have got a Speaco Setup, 3 inch Zero to 60 Downpipe, Bowling Green Customs Headers (Postons)

Those are some names I haven't heard in a while. Seems like everyones going big! Me likes.

Chad. You must have a goal for what kind of car you want. Build your car for your goals. I am finishing up my 85 GN for a high 12 to low 13 quarter mile car. If you do not goal you will be wasting time and alot of money. Brad-

P.S- Always check the responder's signature.

I know what the fastest hot air owner was doing,converting his car to intercooled!!! :p

Just had to say it guys,lol.

May finally hit the street.

I've been working on my car since 99 ( frame up rebuild ). I've done every thing myself except set up the rear gears (even paint). I still have some interior work and odds & ends to finish up. Got one legal matter to get straight and I hope this year it will hit the streets legal ( been around the block a few times without tags). Since I'm laid up do to a miss understanding with a tree ( the tree won and my heel lost ) I should get it all done.

Brad, thanks for the advice. The good news is ,BTDT, I completed my build on the hotair a few years ago. My goal was to have a high 12 sec street car. I met that goal and my car runs excellent, no problems. It took going through a crappy transmission, a blown head gasket and a spun bearing and misc electrical problems to get to bugs worked out.

Maybe I missed the downpipes, uppipes and whether your running a catalytic convertor or test pipe. I did read your signature though :confused: I saw the cat back you had listed.

Broke1, wouldn't adding an intercooler make it an intercooled car? I didn't know Leeo was converting his 10 sec hotair? :tongue:

Bat, would love to see pics of the car when you get it done. I did a frame off restoration on my 67 camaro. It took half a decade :rolleyes: eventually venders started reproducing alot of the parts. Gathering parts can be just as much fun as wrenching, it's just the check writing I don't like :) . I guess your a tree kicker, lol. I won't tell greenpeace.

Yes Lee Thompson has been converting his 10 second Stage II hot air to 86-87 status....

I am guilty of going intercooled too
Installed a precision te60 in stock location with a front mount. also put in 50 # injectors with a turbo tweak chip and had eric shertz at dynotech build me a hi pro trans and had 3 inch echaust done with dynomax ultra flows car sounds mean now thats it so far

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Chad. You must have a goal for what kind of car you want. Build your car for your goals. I am finishing up my 85 GN for a high 12 to low 13 quarter mile car. If you do not goal you will be wasting time and alot of money. Brad-

P.S- Always check the responder's signature.
I have CLOSE to the same mods, and I would think you would be DEEP into the 12's, wouldnt you?

broke1 said:
I know what the fastest hot air owner was doing,converting his car to intercooled!!! :p

Just had to say it guys,lol.

Any time you're in my neck of the woods and feel like getting broke off by a hotair, let me know.

cool 84 said:
Any time you're in my neck of the woods and feel like getting broke off by a hotair, let me know.

:rolleyes: All ive seen you do is run your mouth over the years.Lets see this magical fast hot air.I beleive if it does exist its got a stock engine and doesnt run...

OK guys, try and behave! :cool:

My car has been parked for the winter. So nothing has actually been "done" to it yet this winter. I did buy myself a set of MSD 50's for christmas though. Right now I am working a 2nd job to make the money for a boost controller, 86/87 ECM, chip, meth injection kit, MAF pro (speed density :D ) WB o2, some MT drag radials and a new clutch. I'm almost there. I should have it all and have it in the car and running by April. Then the LONG process of trying to figure out how to get it tuned and running right. Woo-hoo 11's here I come!!!!!!! I also have a friend of mine that owes money tring to talk me into taking his nitrous kit instead, but I'm not really sure I want to get into that. What do you guys think about that one?

I find it best to just ignore Broke 1 he has nothing to offer this section, never has. Yes Lee has decided to take his stage 2 motor as far as it will go and to do that he's going with an 86 set up he has. Best of luck to him.

broke1 said:
:rolleyes: All ive seen you do is run your mouth over the years.Lets see this magical fast hot air.I beleive if it does exist its got a stock engine and doesnt run...

I didn't ask what you believe. If you're ever in the area, bring it! If not, shut your ass.