What happened to the turbos of old?

pontiac69fb

I've been out of the grand national scene for a couple years now, however I remember that there use to be the TA 49-60 turbos the te 44-60 turbos and the gt3255a and gt3255e model turbos. I can't seem to find these turbos for sale anymore especially the ta stock appearing class someone want to clue me in on why these older turbos aren't around anymore.

because everyone NEEDS a dual BB with a billet wheel BIG $$$$$ turbo !!! of course when the car is done they only want to run 10#s of boost so they don't hurt the car :rolleyes::p I believe Limit Engineering would make you a "reg" turbo like the 44s :cool:

I've been out of the grand national scene for a couple years now, however I remember that there use to be the TA 49-60 turbos the te 44-60 turbos and the gt3255a and gt3255e model turbos. I can't seem to find these turbos for sale anymore especially the ta stock appearing class someone want to clue me in on why these older turbos aren't around anymore.

You can still get some of them NEW and @ a good price....

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Buick Entry Level Turbos

the old turbos are still available but the new stuff is better and prices are not much different. We will get you whatever you want though
Mike

the old turbos are still available but the new stuff is better and prices are not much different. We will get you whatever you want though
Mike

The only problem I have with the new turbos is that they don't have an A "stock appearing" series, if they did I would be ready to get one immediately

Check out John & Chopper at Limit Engineering. I've used many of their TA-series turbos over the years. Big fan of the Ta61... :D

If you want to go big in a TA-series, I have a TA66 Qtrim for sale... :eek:

K.

because everyone NEEDS a dual BB with a billet wheel BIG $$$$$ turbo !!! of course when the car is done they only want to run 10#s of boost so they don't hurt the car :rolleyes::p I believe Limit Engineering would make you a "reg" turbo like the 44s :cool:

10 lbs sounds like a lot I just want to run 3 or 4 lbs with a safe tune :)