What Happened to ATR Performance

jacksorroche

I was trying to call ATR to place an order but their phone number came up disconnected. Their web site is also unreachable. Has ATR gone under? Now where can I get my exhaust and liquid intercooler?
Any thoughts or suggestions?

jacksorroche said:
I was trying to call ATR to place an order but their phone number came up disconnected. Their web site is also unreachable. Has ATR gone under? Now where can I get my exhaust and liquid intercooler?

...think I read where they filed bankruptsy a short time ago??

Thanks for the info and patience guys. I did a search last night. They have pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. Too bad, I just got through spending BIG bucks on their products and was going to spend more.

Anybody know how to get a hold of one of their stock location liquid intercoolers?

jacksorroche said:
yes---atr and ramchargers went out. sucks! :mad:

jacksorroche said:
Thanks for the info and patience guys. I did a search last night. They have pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. Too bad, I just got through spending BIG bucks on their products and was going to spend more.

Anybody know how to get a hold of one of their stock location liquid intercoolers?

The only guy I know who will make one up is Keith Mease. I dont know if he even does them anymore. You would have to call him and find out.

FWIW & IMHO:
Not my place to say so, but taking a guess, I think that a lot of places that have just recently gone under and filed bankruptcy, haave done so because this is the last business user friendly time to declare bankruptcy. There were some changes in the law regarding bankruptcy that take affect the first of the coming year. This seemed to be very convenient timing for a business to declare bankruptcy if they were even remotely considering it. I would look for a lot of these businesses to re-open sometime in the near future under new names, new locations, and or re-structuring. On some of the other threads regarding ATR, some people have advised that ATR had stated that they were re-structuring, not closing permanently. Wish that I could get rid of my creditors this easy.

TurboIndian
Thanks for the info. I guess this is what I get for not checking the board for a few months.

Wells,
Its a shame that all these people and businesses dump all their bills on the over burdened tax payer. These abuses of this law is why the bankruptcy laws have been rewritten. Left out in the cold are the people devistated by medical bills that insurance won't cover.

FWIW & IMHO:
I am not very knowledgeable regarding bankruptcy laws, but I believe that the largest % of money lost will be eaten by the creditors, and not by the taxpayers, but I could be mistaken. Keep in mind that some of these businesses were basically good manufacturers, retailers, re-sellers, and vendors of some type or another that make our parts. I would especially expect to see ATR back before long.

Atr

I bought from ATR a few months back and talked with the lady that always answers the phone and I asked her about the rumour. She advised that they were restructuring towards the ricers market because thats where all the money is as far as after market, but that they would still sell the familiar products.......key word...restructure.......and probably a new name

Somehow I feel like we are being forgotten by all the aftermarket companies. Are we going the way of the Corvair?

Somehow I feel like we are being forgotten by all the aftermarket companies. Are we going the way of the Corvair?

I dunno... Lotta guys are jealous of the stuff that is out there for our cars :D