What goes in the oil filler hole?

dmarx

OK, I know this is a dumb question to some, but since the turbo engine is in a streetrod, and I am not using the canister and filter, what do I use in the oil filler hole. Do I use a non-vent cap? or what? Got the PVC valve hooked up. Hey as always, looking for comments.
dan

If running champion covers Tom has some nice breathers otherwise metco motorsports for the stockers

You still have the stamped steel covers I presume, so the above won't help.

It needs to be vented. The stock setup had a long oil fill tube, with a hose that ran down to the air cleaner box. Inside there it was connected to a disposable breather element. AC FB59 sticks in my head as the part number.
FB59.jpg

hello; I've never seen that AC part but (I believe) it's Kirban that sells an adapter that goes in the VC with a thick non metal washer and a K&N at the end of that. I got a filter that has a shield on part of it but I don't know if it's needed or which location to have it.
lets see the Rod
IBBY

hello; I've never seen that AC part but (I believe) it's Kirban that sells an adapter that goes in the VC with a thick non metal washer and a K&N at the end of that. I got a filter that has a shield on part of it but I don't know if it's needed or which location to have it.
lets see the Rod
IBBY

Kirban's adapter is for an 86/87. That's not what we are talking about.

OK, still no final solution as to what I can put in the oil fill hole. Would an old style breather cap work?
Dan

All you can do is try it and see Dan. The breather for the C/T cars is unique unfortunately and no one seems to make a perfect replacement.:( I even tried a set of the HA SFI covers on mine and they won't work because of the position of the filler.:mad: If it was just a few inches towards the ends then they'd work.:(