What else do I need to support a bigger turbo...

BlackMetal

You know how sometimes you plan a project and get 9/10ths of the way through before you realize you need something else? I would REALLY like to avoid that in this case, hence why I'm asking this question.

By next spring I want to be one of the lucky ones with a 67BB turbo. I want to make sure that I have everything I need to make this thing work so I don't end up at a dead end with a shiny new turbo sitting in a box not getting used and a car half way disassembled. Here is my list so far...

Already Purchased
3.5" Downpipe - Replacing a Kirban 3" downpipe with ported stock turbo elbow because I read the small wastegate puck in the stock elbow wouldn't be a good idea.
60lb Injectors - Was advised that 42lbers would be maxed out or close-to-it with a bigger turbo and high boost.

Still Need
4" MAF Pipe w/ Sensor (FullThrottleSpeed) - Take advantage of the 4"inlet H cover.
New TurboTweak Chip - Programmed for all the new mods.
Water Line Kit - Needed for Ball-bearing turbo
Oil Line/Filter Kit - Factory oil lines won't work, need oil line kit or maybe Red Regal T's "turbo-luber" set-up.
High Pressure Adjustable Wastegate

Considering
PTE Stock Location Intercooler - Obviously would like to use this with the 3" outlet H cover but if I run out of money I'd hope my Dutt-necked stocker and alky will keep the detonation in check. Bigger turbo shouldn't be heating up the charge air as much anyway. Soon as I get enough money this will get added to the combo either way.

Okay so that's my list so far. I have other things in mind like PowerLogger and a wideband but at this point I am more concerned about having what I NEED to run this turbo safely. Did I miss anything?

I'm hoping my Pats 3200 will do a decent job for now. Mainly just want to make sure I have everything I absolutely need to install it (i.e. water and oil lines).

PTE Stock Location Intercooler - Obviously would like to use this with the 3" outlet H cover but if I run out of money I'd hope my Dutt-necked stocker and alky will keep the detonation in check. Bigger turbo shouldn't be heating up the charge air as much anyway. Soon as I get enough money this will get added to the combo either way.

The H cover won't line up with the PTE stock location IC without cutting either the IC or the turbo outlet. If you don't want to cut either, you can go with the E cover (standard 3"/2" cover) and you will only lose about 15hp up top. HTH

It will line up if you leave the driver's side bracket off. That's how I have mine mounted, I wasn't gonna cut on a new IC.

It will line up if you leave the driver's side bracket off. That's how I have mine mounted, I wasn't gonna cut on a new IC.

Good to know that it works... :cool:

Do you think it would be possible to fab up a new bracket that would work?

How's your fuel pump? Old, Tired? Consider an upgrade and a hot wire kit - mandaory!!!

May want to invest in a mechanical boost controler such as the one RJC sells.

Never mind, I just saw your signature.