What Downpipe

87T-Type

My stock ( I Think ) Downpipe is badly mangled at the turbo causing a bad exhaust leak. What is the best replacement for a stock downpipe thats easy on the $$. Looks like Kirbans is the cheapest I found, any other suggestions? If replaced is there a gasket or something that goes between the downpipe and tubo housing?

Thanks!

The Kirban downpipe takes some effort to install. You have to buy some muffler sealer to have a leak free seal with it. I also had to take a file to clearance the pipe around the allen bolt to even get it to bolt up. I also had to cut down a allen wrench to even get it to fit into the bolt to turn it. If you want easy to install, get an RJC 3" downpipe. FWIW, I still run the Kirban on my GN, and just sold the RJC and went back to my external gate ATR since its more reliable a setup than the stock style wastegate for rediculously high boost levels.

ive heard houston is the best but i dont have it i have a gn1 performance which fits nice and is a solid downpipe

If you are looking for a used one, try to find a Mease 3". Best downpipe for boost control back in the day because it had a 1.5" puck in it. Take a look at the vendors on the site for other options.

GBODYPARTS sells a nice unit:

Attachments

• Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 223