What does it take to be consistant?

dreamer

I'm building a 90 Iroc with GN drivetrain and I would like to bracket race with it. Is it possible to run consistant with these turbo motors or would I be better off with a N/A V8? If it is possible what would I need to make the car build the same boost for every launch without limiting it for the rest of the run?

Chad

It's VERY hard to be consistant with turbo cars...that said you could use a two stage boost controller to limit the boost so that it launches the same everytime, and then goes to full boost when you tell it to or when it's programmed to...I'm not a bracket racer so I will leave product suggestions to other more knowledgeable people.

Could give one of these a shot:

Boost Right

Just tried it over the past weekend, seems to make it easier to keep your eyes on the tree instead of distracting yourself watching a boost gauge.

Tech guy sure did scratch his head at it though :D

That's pretty interesting...I might try one of those sometime...is their any way to turn it off from in the car??

I thought about that too as I was installing it--I don't see any reason why you couldn't replace manual valve with a line lock solenoid, or add one in for that matter. I added a line lock at the same time, so it did not affect my burnouts at the line....

Tonka

Thanks for hooking me up with that. Thats a great idea. I'll be getting one of those for sure if I stay with the turbo setup.

Please keep the ideas and advise coming. I've got about 80% of the stuff I need to get this engine and trans in. So I'd hate to start again from scratch to go with a V8.

Thanks.
Chad

Slicks and good ones.

I ran the exact same mph for 3 runs this weekend on Nittos.

12.4, 12.78, 13.1

Okay the mph changed 1 mph on the last run, it got cooler. ;)

Just my .02 and make sure you watch the correct tree whilst bracket racing. :D

I leave at 4# of boost, I have a shift light hooked up to a Hobbs swicth that will come on when I stage and the car is consistent.

Originally posted by salvageV6
Just my .02 and make sure you watch the correct tree whilst bracket racing. :D

Geez, I thought I was the only one who did that.....:p

I cut a great .364 light using the other guys tree.

Wish he dialed a faster time than me. :D

Then I would have left on my lights LOL.

First time bracket racing, actually it kinda sucks. ;)

Went for a bonzai pass when I redlighted. :cool: