What does a BS3 "good" log look like?

pcn

I know this is an open ended request. I'm just learning my BS3 and want to get an idea of what things should look like. I know the values are the important thing, but also wonder about the general shape of some of the plots. For instance, I have a slight decrease in the rate of chnage of rpm curve about .6 seconds after I release the transbrake. Boost obviously drops off as well, but something in the tune is "hic ups" and then recovers. I'm hoping that looking at a picture of what a good log looks like would help. Thanks for any help.

Well if the rpm is stumbling , its probably too lean and the motor is not responding well, but it could also be too rich, it would have to be really rich for it to stumble though. The O2 sensor maybe to slow to react so your af ratio data might not show anything odd. You really need to look at how the rpm is climbing, and the injector PW is looking...during the launch

Well, on the 2-step A/F is 14.5, but everyone tells me you cant count that. But it takes about .6 sec after launch for it to come down to 11.5, so the lean theory makes sense. It revs quickly until A/F drops to 12.6 and between 12.5 and 11.5 is where the curve(s) stops rising. I see a Base_PW and Gross_PW being logged, is that the injector PW? It rises at a faster rate tha rpm on launch and flattens at the same point as rpm and boot, for the same lenght of time. Thank you for helping!

Gross PW should include all added fuel from TPS and map enrichment, so that is the one to watch, when you do changes on those tables for accel fueling. The main thing is you want the rpm to rise smoothly and quickley, this means your headed in the right direction ...........