What do you think?

Brutal87

More Money Than Brains
I just replaced the drivers side headgasket. I took it out for a spin & it was fine. The next day I was on my way to the store & I saw smoke & oil coming from the drivers side.. I went home & found water in the oil. I drained everything & did a compression test. All looked good. Another GN'er & I decided that it may be a bad valley pan. I did use a new one when I did the head gasket but may not have used enough sealent. Sooo Yesterday I pulled the intake off & put on a new gasket. I flushed the motor a few times & topped off the radiator with water. I used a low pressure air line to pressurize the radiator to check for the hissing we heard under the intake before the teardown. No noise except for a loose hose clamp. I pulled the oil plug & a ton of water came out.. After it was all drained I shot a little more air in the rad. & more water came out of the oil plug.. All I can think is that the block is cracked.. Is there something that I'm missing that I can check?

The scantool is not hooked up yet so I don't have any data.

Thanks again for the help.. ;)

MeanBuicks said:
What condition was the headgasket you replaced in?

100_2160.jpg

100_2158.jpg

Ouch! Are you sure it only got one bank? Just because its not hanging out the side doesn't mean the other side isn't blown. What were the circumstances that blew that one? Did you have the head checked for cracks? Anything is possible, but I doubt the block is cracked. If you do go back into it, I would strongly recomend at least pulling the oil pan off and checking your bearings, they don't like antifreeze much....HTHs and good luck!

Im with jimmymopower. More than likley the other heag gasket.

Not only do have the crank bearings to worry about, but in these situatioins the camshaft will soon falllow.

I would tear this motor completly down and inspect everything.
Have heds checked . Good luck.

ouch......

that looks like a felpro 1000 gasket. i have never had good luck with those at all. check the head and block for warpage also. use a straight edge and you should have no more than .002 if i remember correctly. best to always change both HG's like he said. they both took a beating, one was just really obvious. good luck. jeremy