What do you think of American Hotrod?

BoostKillsStres

TIRE-FRYER VIA HAIR-DRYER
Just wondering, thought it might be an interesting discussion, not that it matters.

Appears to me as long as your part of the team and burning yourself into the ground for every rush deadline good things are said about you but make one slipup and your on the owners poop sheet. One week he's talking nice about you and the next your primed for a boot out the door.

I loved the part where Boyd told Charlie he and Foose had been planning it all along.....Sure Boyd, Charlie worked all day and sometimes all night doing your cars and didn't even mention anything to anyone about where he was going except to his one shop worker, but he's still trying to "destroy the business"....Give a worker a couple days off just as they reach the breaking point is a great way to treat workers....Boyd's a moron in my book, dont care what he builds...I wouldn't have him build a birdhouse for me let alone a hot rod. Shop foreman needs a chill pill too, he gets things done but makes it miserable for everyone in the process.

I'm happy to see Charlie get out of there and I hope he'll do well w/ Foose and not get any runaround like Boyd mentioned as he seems like a really cool guy.

Anyway, drama reality, love it or hate it...can't wait to see whats next to come to TV.......:rolleyes:

I missed tonights episode. The shop foreman Duuuane is a TOOL. He's as sharp as a balloon. If I had a miserable guy like that running my crews I'd be out of business. He should've been the first to go.

Charlie seems like the real deal--a team player--the rest seem--well---kinda weird to me.I like the show---just NOT the experts that i woud have figured to work for BOYD!!!!!!!

Geoff

Just my opinion but.. arrogant guy that turns out passe' or overkill cars. He had his time in the lime light. Appears to treat his employees like crap and his shop forman is a smug little explosive guy that intimidates to get results. I haven't seen anything that I like of his (mustang fastback excluded). Good workers though, I think that they are just there for the experience. Foose and Troy T. seem more in tune with the customer and/or the car.

I totally agree with Charlie...you can't built a (quality) car like that. Plus it must add a ton of extra $$$ to a build when you make outside vendors work thru weekend to meet your ridiculous deadline. I was so-so about Boyd till I saw what he did to Charlie. He's an A-hole.
I'd be surprised if after watching this series anyone would get a car built by him.
He should stick to wheels.

Yeah, Boyd's a fag, and everybody BUT him seems to know it.

Problem is, Boyd's in the club, and once you're in the club you can never do any wrong. The hot rod world is full of cronyism, like so much of the rest of the world. It's not what you know.

Boyd is the mouthpiece for a bunch of really talented guys in the shop. Where have we seen this before? Everywhere. It's called Corporate America.

This show is just a poorly done rip-off of American Chopper and others before it. Get a new idea, will ya???

Anyway, I liked Boyd a lot better when I didn't know him. I don't think this show will help his reputation or business anyway - putting it out there every week that you're a slave-driver and a bully.

strike

:D

I didn't see the last episode, but it sounds like Charlie quit or..got fired?!? to go work for Foose..either way, good for him! I think he said it perfectly in prev episodes, it's fine to have a few special projects that have short deadlines and require tons of OT. But when it's that way for *every* project..:mad:

I love how Boyd's idea of "pitching in" consists of him strolling in when the car is 99.9% done and bolting on the air filter!! :rolleyes:

It's a soap opera for the Hot Rod crowd, IMO.
Lots of drama, and emotions.

The constant *drama* of all the deadlines, is that, drama. So far, it's look a lot of rich guys, getting a decent car, for a premium price. He's probably paid his dues, but at the surface, from what's seen, it's all kind of the mid age crisis male thing.

Glad to see Charlie move over to Foose's thou. Foose made Boyd, IMO, and it's nice seeing him, *make it*, IMO.

Now let' see the *Riddler Car*.

The whole Foose Boyd feud is based on some events that took place after Boyd took his company public. Evidently Boyd did not like bowing to the requests of shareholders and began doing things without their knowledge. I think he got nailed for embezelment.

Foose did not like what was going on and got out and in the process a few of Boyd's people left with Foose. Then Foose redid a car originally done by Boyd and took the car in a totally different direction and beat one of Boyd's car with it at some event.

The bottom line as far as I can tell is the Boyd is a bit of an egomaniac/control freak. He certainly does not have the drive/passion that Foose or Tripani have.

I saw the episode last night, but even before it aired there were rumors floating around on the 'net that Charlie was going to work for Foose... Personally I'm not a big fan of the cars Boyd or Foose puts out, but Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides www.radrides.com builds some nice cars IMO:cool:

As far as the show goes I think Bruce said it best... Nothing more than a soap opera for Hot Rod guys!