What do you think about being able to buy original TTA plug wires BRAN NEW again?!

sorry - i meant for the other items (ebrake, shifter)... guess i should call them and ask if they'd deal on a complete set ;)

The wires would be awesome to have remade. Even though I have several OEM sets I've peiced together over the years buying single wires here and there off ebay, I'd love to get several new sets. I've bought several full used sets off ebay too and usually 2 or 3 of them don't ohm out to the correct specs meaning the wire was damaged somewhere.

I'd buy at least 2 sets or more. Heck just about any quality set will cost you $100 already.

A welcome service I'm sure. It shows to go ya that, "Its not WHAT you know, its WHO you know..." ;)

Kelli your in. This was always my home over on this board :)

There is some updates and WOW the prices might be so reasonable you'll want a dozen sets. The issue was GM wanted to out source the damn things to Mexico like 90% of the other OEM stuff they have and we are not going to let that happen. Must be a US company making them. We might have to do a run of stockers and then a run of ones with special boots to get them away from the headers. Trying to cover everyone here so you can buy a stock set to put away or put on the car for you stockers and a nicely modified set to run on the fastest of TTA's. They will be 100% GM licensed product and made to the up most quality. I'm making sure of that! :cool: So stay tunned!

Just to bring this back to the top and add some to it. I spoke with Scott Kelly tonight and he is still going to make 2 sets. A bone stock set just like the originals and a modified set with the 90 degree boots. He is going to talk more about this at the reunion and give an update on the project so be there to find out the news! :)

He basically wants the input of everyone to make sure they are right and he can sell them to break even as the project will cost a bit to do one run of them. So be ready to ask him about these wires when you see him at the reunion! But he is going to do them. Like fine wine everything takes time and Scott is anal about it being perfect for us! :cool: See you guys in a month in Ohio!

Hey Jim -

I'm in on this - probably for a couple sets of each style (stock and the modified ones).

I won't be able to make it to the reunion, but please keep us up-to-date.

Thanks!

Chris
----------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1982 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (5-speed)
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1987 Toyota MR2 (5-speed/t-top)
1986 Mustang SVO
2006 Pontiac GTO (wife's car!)
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

Chatting with one of our special guest for the TTA Reunion next year and he tossed out the idea about remaking the original plug wires that came on the TTA. This guest has all the contacts from the original company that made the wires and he said he is reaching out to them about remaking them just as the originals were. Must be nice to have those contacts still after all these years! :cool:

While I know a lot of people that are sitting on original sets will cry because the value of them will drop if and when these reproductions come out, I think it's a great idea. I have my original wires but I hate to put them on the car! It would be nice to sport the original wires for show purposes and keeping it looking all original under the hood. Plus this would give the guys who race a chance to sport an original set of plug wires all these years later. Plus the high mileage guys can sport them as well. They are special to the car and a nice conversation piece as well.

This special guest is going to keep in mind making it reasonably priced as well. They would be just like the ones that came on the car with the screen printing on them. All these years later I'm sure they will be a better wire all around.

So who would be interested in these? Any questions? Comments? Ideas? Pro's? Con's? chime in as our special guest does lurk on the forum from time to time! So air your option out. I think it would be a awesome idea to run those wires again on my TTA!

Hi phillyturbosix,

A relacement part (made years later) does not make the car original! I can say this because there is very few parts on my TTA that is original but, I never planed to sell it anyway. Just a point of view.

He said it would 'look' original. I don't mind nicely made reproductions. I'm in for a set.

I've talked to Scott Kelly on this project many times. He has the original blue prints for the wires and a NOS set still. These wires are going to be dead on duplicates of the ones that came on the cars in 89. The correct length, boots, and the printing on them as well. Scott being the purist he is will make a tag or marking somewhere on the wires they either have the date they were made or something along those lines so there will be a way to tell the ones from 89 and the current ones he makes apart. Might not be to the naked eye but he wants to make sure people know they are reproductions of the originals. They also will be 100% made in the USA. He said like everyone else he can outsource like everyone else to China and make them dirt cheap but he will not do that with these wires. He will make an original set and a aftermarket set with 90 degree boots for those that run bigger downpipes and such. Those also will have the markings on them just like the OEM ones. Between Scott and myself trust me these wires will be spot on and done right! I thought I was anal but after talking with Scott Kelly I met my match! :cool: