What do U think of these control arms.

Turbo6Smackdown

NEW! 1978-1988 G-Body Boxed Lower Control Arms- Poly/Roto-Joint [3041] - $269.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

These are UMI's lower control arms with "roto joint". I know why they're making these, I'm just wondering how much of the dampening effect of real rubber bushings you lose, when running these. Do they make noise when you hit bumps? Are they harsh? This will be for a street GN, with a few test and tunes at the track. I'm trying to dial in my suspension, so that I have the max traction I can possibly get.

What do you guys think of these? And are their boxed arms, really better than their tubular models? Do I really need a boxed arm?

I have some

I am running the poly / roto-joint tubular arms on the upper and lower on the back of my car. I did not notice they were too harsh or any noise from them.

I found them fine for the street. :biggrin:

IMO you dont need the roto joint bizness unless its a straight race car

They'll probably ride better on the street than a poly bushing. Usually the harshness you feel when hitting a bump is the suspension binding. Polyurethane bushing esp have a tendency to bind and not allow the suspension to work properly. With a heim joint or a delrin bushed joint the suspension can work without binding giving you much better over all traction and control and dampening becomes the function of the shocks. Most people who run them say they can't feel the difference on the street..... I am running the spohn del-sphere rear control arms, so IMO yes I would run the umi or spohn , or a heim joint for max traction. The good thing about the umi or spohn joints is the ability to grease them...hope this helped ..... Joel

I've used them on my uppers for about 3 years now with no complaints at all. In my opinion they are the best bang for the buck. The technology of these control arms have come a long way and in my opinion, UMI's lowers will probably be replacing my existing Hotchkis lowers! So I say go for it!:)

As for the question about the boxed style versus the tubular style.......If you are running a factory style rear swaybar, I would run a boxed style becuase it'll give the swaybar a better mating surface with the arm. The tubular have more of a tendonsy to pop because it's only touching in a small area. Not all the time but they do. Might as well get the boxed if your going to be buying them.