What do I need to do

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
My other car is starting to die and Ive been kicking around the idea of dropping an LS into it. Its a front wheel drive 6 cylinder so Im going to just add a four link with either a 9 in or a 12 bolt. Anyway I have been doing dome preliminary measurements and an LS1 will "just" fit as in Im going to have to trim some of the radiator support. But since it is going to have an excessive amount of room on the sides I was thinking about adding a turbo. I hear these engines handle boost well and was told my best bet is the lq4, then an lq9 ( is this true?) My biggest question is what do I need to do to these motors to make them handle boost on pump gas and about how much boost. This car is going to be a sleeper with heavy track time but also street driven. Let me know what you think or your expierences.

Also any crazy ideas for a cool set up im listening:D

LQ4 is iron block and lower compression than the LQ9. Or you could do a 5.3 and put the 6.0 heads (317s) on it to drop the compression. Blocks and internals are tough, but pistons aren't forged. Tune will need to be good, and I would do like a GN and intercool it and shoot alky or race gas for high boost.