What Do I Need To Convert To Vacuum Brake's???

I have two turbo Regals with vacuum brakes and would not have it any other way. Have owned the GN since 1989 with the original and a replacement Powermaster before finally changing out to vacuum assisted two years ago and cannot tell the difference.

In the Blue Limited had one check valve that was not so great so the vacuum brakes had a slight delay after coming off boost, but worked great once intake manifold vacuum was restored. A new check valve fixed that problem. Unfortunately the cheap aftermarket check valve eventually blow apart under 22 lbs of boost, and the brakes did not have any vacuum assist. A vacuum boosted brake system is still much easier to use without vacuum than a Powermaster system without hydraulic assistance. The few times the Powermonster failed it was like having an essence of brakes with both feet pushing as hard as you can on the petal. Lack of vacuum will not prevent you from stopping the car. I've learned it is important to use a good check valve in the booster and they work great.

I can hold as much boost at the line as I need to blow away the tires when I let off the brake petal. A little more and of course you drive through the back brakes, just like the brakes with the Powermaster.

I had too many issues with vacuum brakes & went with 84 hydroboost.

With the issues I had, if you really want vacuum - I suggest a lobotomy.

Could you elaborate more upon the problems you experienced?

~JM~